I added an RTT to my trailer. Second story sleeping.

• HTML tutorial

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Great idea. We did a similar thing a couple of months ago.
My 31 yo son asked us to take him and his wife to Colorado a couple of months ago. We installed a Roofnest tent on top of our Overland trailer and towed it behind our truck camper. Worked great!
AA96EC66-CF8D-48A5-95D8-6843099816AD.jpeg73C6EDD1-3D64-439D-8C71-D5AA568FC5EB.jpeg

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Great idea. We did a similar thing a couple of months ago.
My 31 yo son asked us to take him and his wife to Colorado a couple of months ago. We installed a Roofnest tent on top of our Overland trailer and towed it behind our truck camper. Worked great!
View attachment 122415View attachment 122416
Love this trailer!! That is exactly what I need!

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It’s a Dinoot trailer..

It is basically a kit. I had the frame welded up locally and went from there.
Nice! Thank you for that! Have any recommendations for welders in the area, I am somewhat local to you. I need to get a canoe/kayak trailer welded up too.

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Nice! Thank you for that! Have any recommendations for welders in the area, I am somewhat local to you. I need to get a canoe/kayak trailer welded up too.
the guy who did mine moved to FL.
i have used these two companies over the past few years...

Angle Shop
540-721-1259
on Rt 122 just north of Rocky Mount

Nichols Welding
540-483-5308
just off Rt 220 North of Rocky Mount.

if we ever have another meet up at the BBQ joint at Towers I could bring it and you can see it in person..

what got me started down this rabbit hole was that we wanted a trailer to haul our kayaks around and in looking at the ridiculous prices companies were asking for just a basic trailer we decided to go this route. We can store a bunch of stuff inside the trailer and put our kayaks on top (after removing the RTT). We took the trailer with the RTT on it to Colorado and Utah this summer and it towed great. The only thing I would change is that I used a 3500# axle and spring set and it is pretty stiff. I would go to a 2000# set up next time.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Madison Heights, VA, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Thanks for that.. yeah its been a bit of a rabbit hole for me too.. Was going to get a cheap trailer from Harbor Freight and just add truck racks to it for Kayaks/Canoes and extended tongue.. quickly escalated into looking at one for varied adventures... basically a do all trailer. Hopefully they will do a meetup, would be nice to meet some people close to me.

Reactions: smlobx

smlobx

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mid Atlantic
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Fort
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4CPL
Thanks for that.. yeah its been a bit of a rabbit hole for me too.. Was going to get a cheap trailer from Harbor Freight and just add truck racks to it for Kayaks/Canoes and extended tongue.. quickly escalated into looking at one for varied adventures... basically a do all trailer. Hopefully they will do a meetup, would be nice to meet some people close to me.
here’s the link to the Roanoke area group which tries to meet monthly.
post up in there and you’ll be in the loop.