Huntsville Alabama area

• HTML tutorial

Dave Barnes

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey Guys,

I live in the Huntsville area and I see a few overland vehicles here in town, (or ones that I think of as overland vehicles), so I just wandering if any of you guys are on overland bound. Just looking to meet up with some people that have the same interest has me.

Reactions: Slopitch

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

I'm interested. Are you talking about Georgia Traverse? I've only heard of it a couple of times. Where is it?

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

Hey, Im from down in Birmingham. I have done the Traverse a couple times, once going to Overland Expo East and one coming from Overland Expo East. It's a nice trip. Took 3.5 days to get up to Asheville. Me and a friend will be heading to Overland Expo West in May via Ouray, CO; Moab, UT; and GrandCanyon.

Bhinton

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hebron, IN, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Hinton
Member #

We have talked on Facebook I recognize the Jeep. We were on the traverse at same time going to expo east . Wish I could get off work to go to expo west.

Slopitch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Helena, AL
Member #

Goes from Alabama across Georgia into Tennessee up to South Carolina mostly off-road
I trying to find in my Gaia app but when I search that name, nothing...
Is it a specific set of roads or is it random depending upon who drives it?

Taneo22

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Raven
Member #

Hello,
I'm new to the group, in the montgomery area and would love to get out of town.

mtn_nic

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Huntsville
Member #

Hey! Haven't been on the forum in awhile so Im late seeing this post but I'm a Huntsville Local! If you ever see me around feel free to run me down! My Badge is on my back window but it's kinda hard to see with the RTT now.20190818_183159_HDR.jpg

Taneo22

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Raven
Member #

Hey I am new here but I live in the Huntsville area! My goal this year is to get into overlanding and connect with other overlanders around here.
Hi, I’m just n Montgomery. I do a lot of riding in the Talladega National Forest.
always happy to have more friends join.
easy trails but still fun with great scenery.

Taneo22

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alabama, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Raven
Member #

I am planning a trip tentatively the end of May up to North Georgia to the Tallulah Gorge area, I saw on trailsoffroad.com there’s a lot of great riding roads up there that I like to go check out.
If anyone would like to go we’re planning on 5-7 days of camping and riding with stops at Tallulah Gorge and Helen Georgia the little German town.
let me know if you want to go and I’ll keep you posted as the time gets closer.
Cheers,
Rick

Reactions: mtn_nic