Hummer h3

• HTML tutorial

Paramedic-Steve-911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

wareham massachusetts
Member #

IMG_2437.JPG Anyone out there own an h3 ? What have you done to it, let's post mods and start to current photos , and start a thread on these overlooked and often spited rare gems of the 4x4 world! I own a 2008 hummer h3 which came with the championship package ( or so I was told by the dealer ) it has the 3.7l i5 it's midnight black outside with the black on Harley Davidson orange leather interior . the mods I've done up to date are deleting the resonator box to gain a little h/p , put on a set of 33" tires, 3 inch lift and torsion bar crank to level, put brush breaker on , install rear light guards, fog lights, black out the grill, hood handles , and cut the oem hood louvre to make them fully functioning! I installed some tubing to make the faux air intake by the windshield of the hummer functional allowing cold air into the engine and raising the water fording ability to the windshield line. My plans in the future will include roof rack, hidden winch, rooftop tent, reenforced tie rods and underbody armor just to start but $$ will govern my speed on this build! ( anyone has spare parts to help speed my build along message me ) my hummer has 134k miles and knock on wood hasn't given me to much problems , I have an internal oil leak still trying to diagnose where it's going and my charcoal canister has finally failed throwing a 0449 code . So I hope to hear from any of you out there that have or plan on starting a build on your h3 .

Paramedic Steve

Last edited:

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Anyone out there own an h3 ? What have you done to it, let's post mods and start to current photos , and start a thread on these overlooked and often spited rare gems of the 4x4 world! I own a 2008 hummer h3 which came with the championship package ( or so I was told by the dealer ) it has the 3.7l i5 it's midnight black outside with the black on Harley Davidson orange leather interior . the mods I've done up to date are deleting the resonator box to gain a little h/p , put on a set of 33" tires, 3 inch list and torsion bar crank to level, put brush breaker on , install rear light guards, fog lights, black out the grill, hood handles , and cut the own hood louvre to make them fully functioning! My plans in the future will include roof rack, hidden winch, rooftop tent, reenforced tie rods and underbody armor just to start but $$ will govern my speed on this build! ( anyone has spare parts to help speed my build along message me ) my hummer has 134k miles and knock on wood hasn't given me to much problems , I have an internal oil leak still trying to diagnose where it's going and my charcoal canister has finally failed throwing a 0449 code . So I hope to hear from any of you out there that have or plan on starting a build on your h3 .

Paramedic Steve
Nice rig. I love my H3T.

Reactions: Truckerbizz

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

2006 H3 with the 3.5l I5
Mods:
Front and rear lockers
Transfer case swap to the 4.1 alpha
Purple cranium differential cover
Transmission skid
Safari Snorkel
Wilderness rack
OEM rooftop lights
CB radio with Wilson flex antenna
Torsion keys leveled
35x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs
Motometal rims
Hood handles for accent

Last edited:

Paramedic-Steve-911

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

wareham massachusetts
Member #

Wow I love your rig , the front and rear lockers is a project I'd love to do but funds will dictate when . How was the transfer case swap? Is that the one out of the v8 alpha h3? And last question where did you find the oem rooftops?

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Wow I love your rig , the front and rear lockers is a project I'd love to do but funds will dictate when . How was the transfer case swap? Is that the one out of the v8 alpha h3? And last question where did you find the oem rooftops?
Thank you! The transfer case is from the alpha. I had a shop do it which took 2 hours to complete. I would have done it but I didn't have the proper tools at the time. I ordered the lights through GM since it was a factory option and I get a discount through them. They can be pretty difficult to find nowadays which is why I went through GM. Here is a link for them. https://www.gmpartsdepartment.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=4018&siteid=214533&categoryID=159047&subcat1=159048&subcat2=159053&subcat3=159057