CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
Hi, new guy here. Found you on a YouTube video about DIY kitchen drawer systems. Mostly dreaming about getting out more. This year has been a drag with only one camping trip (Covid messed all of our plans up). I've been a Land Cruiser fan for years, currently driving a 2013 with a King suspension, Budbuilt skids and sliders. We've got a tiny NoBo 10.6 camper with a rooftop tent that we drag around (some stuff I like, some I don't). Would love to do a custom offroad camper build next. Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hanging out here a bit.

Reactions: Kent R

CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
I'm a huge fan. I have the aluminum expedition skids, steel step sliders and lower shock skids. Definitely high quality craftsmanship, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

I got the crossmember, skid/belly pan for my 1st gen. On my last trip it got really put to the test and passed with flying colors.

I’m not familiar with the Vermont area. Any good places to Overland there?

Reactions: CharlieS

CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
Not really. Some decent forest roads (called class 4 roads here) and National Forest Service roads, state wildlife area, and some paper company lands. It is such a small state that you can't go very far in any direction without being in another state. But there are good places to explore close to home and within a days drive. Northern New York, New Hampshire and Maine are great too. In better times we can head north and east to Prince Edward Island and the maritimes. Nothing like out West though... The one time I was in Colorado, I fell in love with all of the accessible land and trails, and can't wait to get back out that way after this is all over.

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Yes Colorado is certainty beautiful. I just got back from there AZ, and NM on a 2 week trip.
You are right about there being great places out west to explore.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome Charlie! Gotta love the LCs. I’m in a European KDJ150. She’s the best.

CharlieS

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Vermont, USA
First Name
CHARLES
Last Name
SPRIGG
Nice, that's the Prado? We didn't get those here. I've seen them while traveling and they seem a like they'd be great. The 200 series made a jump to the larger body, which is nice on the road, but sometimes feels a bit big for tighter trails. Kind of like the difference between a big adventure bike and more trail oriented dirt bike. They'll both get you there but one is more suited to the task. There are times I miss my former 100, and especially 80 series rigs.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, new guy here. Found you on a YouTube video about DIY kitchen drawer systems. Mostly dreaming about getting out more. This year has been a drag with only one camping trip (Covid messed all of our plans up). I've been a Land Cruiser fan for years, currently driving a 2013 with a King suspension, Budbuilt skids and sliders. We've got a tiny NoBo 10.6 camper with a rooftop tent that we drag around (some stuff I like, some I don't). Would love to do a custom offroad camper build next. Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hanging out here a bit.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course