Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS
Hello! My name is Shawn and I have recently come back to seek outdoor adventure from the confines of corporate life. My family and I live in the DFW area. We recently acquired a 2015 land cruiser and plan to outfit for over landing. So far we added some KO2s and slapped on a roof top tent. We felt it was time to get back into nature and seek out experiences together as a family. Excited to be a part of the community and look forward to participating in some local and not so local events! Pics of our rig in process below!

IMG_0730.JPGIMG_0734.JPG

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hello! My name is Shawn and I have recently come back to seek outdoor adventure from the confines of corporate life. My family and I live in the DFW area. We recently acquired a 2015 land cruiser and plan to outfit for over landing. So far we added some KO2s and slapped on a roof top tent. We felt it was time to get back into nature and seek out experiences together as a family. Excited to be a part of the community and look forward to participating in some local and not so local events! Pics of our rig in process below!

View attachment 90562View attachment 90563
Welcome to the party. That's a nice setup. That RTT is twice the size of mine. It's just me and my pup so plenty big enough. I just didn't know they made them family size.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Myhowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS
Welcome to the party. That's a nice setup. That RTT is twice the size of mine. It's just me and my pup so plenty big enough. I just didn't know they made them family size.
Thanks! Yes the tent is huge and was even bigger once opened up than I thought it would be. I was a bit worried about how the 200 hundred would handle after I got it mounted but it actually does very well. The lower profile platform on the rhino rack worked awesome. Very happy with the combo. Sleeps the four of us with room to spare. The dog has the most room in the annex! He is bit big for us to lift up top @87 lbs...

Myhowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS
Hello from Colorado.
Hi! I actually spent most of my years as a kid growing up in Littleton. Of all the places I have lived I miss Colorado the most. (Phoenix AZ is a VERY close second...) We are planning to come through both on our bigger summer trip this year.

Myhowdy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Stauffer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DZS
Welcome on board! nice rig, I just got my 23 zero, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. how do you like yours?

Cheers,
JJH
We love it so far. Very well made and did well in both wind and rain. We are getting used to setting it up and taking it down. Still working out the kinks. I think we will need to carry a small step ladder with us once we put the suspension upgrade on as we are barely tall enough to pack it up as it sits stock. [emoji3]

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Hi! I actually spent most of my years as a kid growing up in Littleton. Of all the places I have lived I miss Colorado the most. (Phoenix AZ is a VERY close second...) We are planning to come through both on our bigger summer trip this year.
Colorado is a beautiful state. I grew up in Parker, but now I live North of Denver. What made you leave and what part are you planning a trip for?

I am currently in transit to the Petrified Forest off of I-40, AZ and then driving down to Tucson, AZ. Do you have any recommendations on any good camp spots and where to find the 60’ cactus [emoji266]? I am running solo with 2 youngins, not afraid of ruffing it, but want to avoid technical trails (5 or less out of a 10 rating scale) if at all possible.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

View attachment 90562View attachment 90563
Hello Shawn from another LR fan. That's a quite nice rig you have there. I'm thinking with your large family and already heavy load you might want to raise your rig about 3" to handle it all. Are you air ride or spring loaded currently ? Your tires look big enough, what is the size, the proportions look good. I am in the process of getting my 2000 model (Sheila) LRD2 raised 3" so that I can put some 33" under her for the trail rides out here in the boonies. I wouldn't get to far (you or me) off maintained roads the way she is now. Nature is where it's at and where your kids need to be. I hope they are young enough pick up on the overland adventures that await them on the trail. Expo 2019 in Flagstaff Az. Coming up in May, hope to see you there.

Attachments

JeffersonJHunt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. Louis, MO, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0KZH
We love it so far. Very well made and did well in both wind and rain. We are getting used to setting it up and taking it down. Still working out the kinks. I think we will need to carry a small step ladder with us once we put the suspension upgrade on as we are barely tall enough to pack it up as it sits stock. [emoji3]
That is a great idea. Maybe a folding step stool.