redrockjunkie

Rank I

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, UT
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Of Utah
Hey all! Comin at ya from beautiful Utah! Just a tid bit about myself. Born and raised here. I bounced between the mountainous North and the deserts of the 4 corners area. My family has always been big on the outdoors so hiking, camping, and offroad fun have always been in my life. However... I have only just discovered Overland! I'm super excited to not only get started with Overland, but also to genuinely explore this wonderful wilderness that surrounds us!

As of right now I have a 1990 Ford Bronco "Gaia" full size (Pictures shall come ASAP). She has a 6in lift and 33in Wrangler A/T's (3 of which need to be replaced). The brown paint is, dying, to say the least. I think I counted 2 or 3 body panels that DON'T need to be replaced. The A/C went out a couple summers ago. The 351 Windsor still runs but definitely needs a pick-me-up. And with the exception of leaf springs, anew suspension is in order! Whew... Sounds dire when you type it out. So! She needs some love before her first time out! Which! I'm hoping will be mid to late summer across the Trans Continental Railroad Trail!!!!!! So if anyone has pointers on that trail I'm a sponge waiting to soak up all the info I can get! I would appreciate advice on parts, prep, route, anything! I'm sure Coppper would as well. He's the bloodhound sidekick that'll have to endure through not being able to stop and smell... EVERYTHING!!!

So! If you've made it this far I thank you for your time and allowing my very excited self to ramble! I look forward to talking with all of you and gaining priceless knowledge on what is surely to become my favorite pass time, and, ultimately share my knowledge with others

Reactions: Tinker and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all! Comin at ya from beautiful Utah! Just a tid bit about myself. Born and raised here. I bounced between the mountainous North and the deserts of the 4 corners area. My family has always been big on the outdoors so hiking, camping, and offroad fun have always been in my life. However... I have only just discovered Overland! I'm super excited to not only get started with Overland, but also to genuinely explore this wonderful wilderness that surrounds us!

As of right now I have a 1990 Ford Bronco "Gaia" full size (Pictures shall come ASAP). She has a 6in lift and 33in Wrangler A/T's (3 of which need to be replaced). The brown paint is, dying, to say the least. I think I counted 2 or 3 body panels that DON'T need to be replaced. The A/C went out a couple summers ago. The 351 Windsor still runs but definitely needs a pick-me-up. And with the exception of leaf springs, anew suspension is in order! Whew... Sounds dire when you type it out. So! She needs some love before her first time out! Which! I'm hoping will be mid to late summer across the Trans Continental Railroad Trail!!!!!! So if anyone has pointers on that trail I'm a sponge waiting to soak up all the info I can get! I would appreciate advice on parts, prep, route, anything! I'm sure Coppper would as well. He's the bloodhound sidekick that'll have to endure through not being able to stop and smell... EVERYTHING!!!

So! If you've made it this far I thank you for your time and allowing my very excited self to ramble! I look forward to talking with all of you and gaining priceless knowledge on what is surely to become my favorite pass time, and, ultimately share my knowledge with others
Hello and welcome to the OB crew ...look forward to seeing your build and adventures