Howdy from Central TX, y'all

• HTML tutorial

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Welcome, I'm below you in Pflugerville, with a ZR2 Bison and there are others around here with Colorados as well. It doesn't matter what you own as long as you use it.
I have been looking at those Bisons Very nice set up. Do you plan on modding it at all? They come from the factory set up very nice.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

I had a standard ZR2 previously, so I'm moving all the stuff I had on that to the Bison, basically a Leitner rack and accessories, some lighting, etc. I have the snorkel to add and bought an ARB Elements fridge with slide to put on top of the decked drawers I have. I'll add the bull bar and transmission skid when AEV releases them.
I thought the Bison came fully skidded.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Everything but the transmission from the factory including a fuel tank skid. If you watch the Expedition Overland Video with the AEV President going through the details of the Bison, he said the transmission skid would only be available through AEV as GM didn't want the liability of potential fires, even though AEV designed it "open" so debris wouldn't get stuck. The bull bar from the concept didn't make it to production because of the vast air requirements of the V6.
Gothcha. GM learned from all the jeeps that burned up from the same thing.