Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Hello everyone!

Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Michael A. Jimenez and brand new to Overland life and computer illiterate. Been on this website for over a week and still don't understand on how to use it.

I'm currently working on my 2000 Chevy Tahoe with the works; changing the axles to H/D and single axle in the front. Hopefully there's somebody that will guide me and maybe invite me for a tag along to this trips that Michael has shown in his videos. I live in the San Joaquin County.

Best

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Michael A. Jimenez and brand new to Overland life and computer illiterate. Been on this website for over a week and still don't understand on how to use it.

I'm currently working on my 2000 Chevy Tahoe with the works; changing the axles to H/D and single axle in the front. Hopefully there's somebody that will guide me and maybe invite me for a tag along to this trips that Michael has shown in his videos. I live in the San Joaquin County.

Best
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike,
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here are two local meetups you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Central California Monthly Meet-up Manteca/Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

tony chatman

Rank II

Contributor II

Bandon, Oregon, USA
First Name
tony
Last Name
chatman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ki7RIR
dont go to wild on your build. remember lots of highway miles to get to where you are going .before you even need 4x4..

Reactions: An-Hell

An-Hell

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike,
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Here are two local meetups you might be interested in;
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Central California Monthly Meet-up Manteca/Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
Thank you Kent.
Now I have a direction .

Best

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Unless you plan to go rock crawling, I'm a firm believer of keeping it as stock as possible. The more things that get changed out, the more likely they may break. The best tool for any off-road trip is your brain. Knowing what you and your rig can and cannot handle will keep you out of trouble more than any upgrade.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I highly suggest you call into Sunday’s Northwest Conference Call. We have a monthly conference call every Third Sunday of the month at 7:30 Pacific Time hosted by @Sandpoint Steve . The call is a place where seasoned overlanders help share their knowledge with those that are just starting out. We always have a good conversation and all are welcome to take part in the call.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!

Best
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob If the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads. They are choked full of good information and will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming meet-ups, potential trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting out there on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: An-Hell

An-Hell

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Unless you plan to go rock crawling, I'm a firm believer of keeping it as stock as possible. The more things that get changed out, the more likely they may break. The best tool for any off-road trip is your brain. Knowing what you and your rig can and cannot handle will keep you out of trouble more than any upgrade.
I do plan on taking moderate trails.

An-Hell

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

I highly suggest you call into Sunday’s Northwest Conference Call. We have a monthly conference call every Third Sunday of the month at 7:30 Pacific Time hosted by @Sandpoint Steve . The call is a place where seasoned overlanders help share their knowledge with those that are just starting out. We always have a good conversation and all are welcome to take part in the call.

Thank you

An-Hell

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jimenez
Member #

Hello everyone!

Best
Welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob If the need arises.

Make sure to browse through the new member threads. They are choked full of good information and will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming meet-ups, potential trainings and trail runs.

I look forward to meeting out there on the trail.

Mike
I’m will and still learning.

Thank you

Reactions: Magic Mike