Rank III

Advocate II

Cochrane, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Korczak
@OTH Overland

I need to get a diesel tank cap with NO hole as I have been unsuccessful at keeping fuel from spilling out of the tiny vent hole even with electrical tape (the glue and tape seems to get dissolved by the fuel), and other plastic plugs.... gets loose with the terrain I have been on....

Does anyone know of a source to get the proper size cap? TIA
Have you looked into something that JB weld might offer.... sure one of their epoxy would fit your needs to seal the cup and not have the fuel effect it.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Thanks for the link. I’ve been looking for a good option for the Subaru.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a have a hitch, I would try a off-road ATV type of shop. where they might have a hitch basket in a smaller size. I have not looked, but (RMatv) 'Rocky Mountain ATV' or a similar shop might have what your looking for under accessories.

Reactions: Olen

jgrantns

Rank 0

Contributor II

Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Grant
I have a Subaru Forester, so I have limited space to carry gear, especially when the family joins me. I need a way to transport my all in one diesel heater outside my vehicle. I've hauled it in my Thule rooftop cargo carrier, but I just bought a rooftop tent so the roof box is going away. I plan to get a swing out rear tire carrier so I may be able to carry the heater on an accessory hitch. At this point, I am open to suggestions.
Perhaps you have solved this by now, but I had the same problem. My 2KW heater has a small footprint and I found a plastic box that fit. Had a guy fab a frame for it and attached to to my spare tire using this mount which arrived quickly from Australia Out-Back Spare Tyre Mount - KAON You can see the box mounted in the photo.

Attachments

Reactions: RaD Overlanding

Enthusiast II

Sparta, WI, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Harazin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a have a hitch, I would try a off-road ATV type of shop. where they might have a hitch basket in a smaller size. I have not looked, but (RMatv) 'Rocky Mountain ATV' or a similar shop might have what your looking for under accessories.
Harbor Freight has an ATV cargo carrier. It's smaller than their standard one, and the cargo platform is raised up for better departure angle.