How To: GMRS - ZA FCC LICENSE

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

RoarinRow

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Don't do as I did. I was working on a few other things while signing up, jumping between a few open tabs. I have no clue where I am in the process now. I need to start over but I'm all ready in the system but can't find myself in the system if that makes any sense. I might need to call.

Todd
Did you sign in with your FCC # and password here - https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp then after you log on go to ‘My Applications’. You’ll see your status there.

Reactions: brien and MBroenkow

MBroenkow

Rank VI

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

Don't do as I did. I was working on a few other things while signing up, jumping between a few open tabs. I have no clue where I am in the process now. I need to start over but I'm all ready in the system but can't find myself in the system if that makes any sense. I might need to call.

Todd
Don’t worry too much. You probably have a few applications started but I think the ones you don’t follow through with drop of their system. I’m pretty sure I did the same thing when I went through this. Give them a call and they should get you straightened out.

brien

Southwest Regional Director
Staff member
Supporter +

Advocate II

Tucson, AZ
Member #

Ham Callsign
K7XPO

Todd
Look up yourself in the FCC Cores database to get your FRN. The FRN is the unique identifier that you can then use to more easily find yourself elsewhere. https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/simpleSearch.do
Search by Name

Reactions: MBroenkow

Desert Runner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
Fisler
Member #

Todd
Found myself in exactly that situation.....put it aside for now, will tackle it again :disappointed:in the near future!

Reactions: Todd & Meg

Foehammer

Rank I

Member I

Wilson, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hill
Member #

This is a great thread and I am going after my ZA licence this weekend.

I was curious if any of you can recommend a path to a technician licence for a ham set. There is so much out there I can't tell what is best to study for the test and then take the test.

Boort

Rank VI

Advocate II

Colorado
Member #

I was curious if any of you can recommend a path to a technician licence for a ham set. There is so much out there I can't tell what is best to study for the test and then take the test.
@Foehammer
Check out these 2 threads:

Boort

Todd & Meg

Rank VI

Enthusiast II

I’m using hamstudy.org. It is real easy. What I did was before I did any studying I took a few practice test to see how I would do. I only missed 2 from passing. Then I sighed up (it’s free) and started the study questions. It keeps track of the ones you miss and keeps giving those to you till you get them right. Then take some practice test.

It not that hard. Just remember you are only memorizing this info to pass the test then you can forget it. You learn nothing on how to use a radio.

The other thing is to look when you can take your test, lightly study up the week before the test then hit it hard up till the test. You won’t have a problem passing.

Reactions: Foehammer and Boort