Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Don't do as I did. I was working on a few other things while signing up, jumping between a few open tabs. I have no clue where I am in the process now. I need to start over but I'm all ready in the system but can't find myself in the system if that makes any sense. I might need to call.

Todd
Did you sign in with your FCC # and password here - https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp then after you log on go to ‘My Applications’. You’ll see your status there.

Reactions: brien and MBroenkow

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

Don't do as I did. I was working on a few other things while signing up, jumping between a few open tabs. I have no clue where I am in the process now. I need to start over but I'm all ready in the system but can't find myself in the system if that makes any sense. I might need to call.

Todd
Don’t worry too much. You probably have a few applications started but I think the ones you don’t follow through with drop of their system. I’m pretty sure I did the same thing when I went through this. Give them a call and they should get you straightened out.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO

Todd
Look up yourself in the FCC Cores database to get your FRN. The FRN is the unique identifier that you can then use to more easily find yourself elsewhere. https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/simpleSearch.do
Search by Name

Reactions: MBroenkow

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

Todd
Found myself in exactly that situation.....put it aside for now, will tackle it again :disappointed:in the near future!

Reactions: Todd & Meg

Foehammer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wilson, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Hill
Member #

This is a great thread and I am going after my ZA licence this weekend.

I was curious if any of you can recommend a path to a technician licence for a ham set. There is so much out there I can't tell what is best to study for the test and then take the test.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I was curious if any of you can recommend a path to a technician licence for a ham set. There is so much out there I can't tell what is best to study for the test and then take the test.
@Foehammer
Check out these 2 threads:

Boort

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

I’m using hamstudy.org. It is real easy. What I did was before I did any studying I took a few practice test to see how I would do. I only missed 2 from passing. Then I sighed up (it’s free) and started the study questions. It keeps track of the ones you miss and keeps giving those to you till you get them right. Then take some practice test.

It not that hard. Just remember you are only memorizing this info to pass the test then you can forget it. You learn nothing on how to use a radio.

The other thing is to look when you can take your test, lightly study up the week before the test then hit it hard up till the test. You won’t have a problem passing.

Reactions: Foehammer and Boort

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
ZA license applied for. Thanks for all the info here guys.

Next up: Ham sometime in the beginning of the new year.
Cool,
Glad to see another member joining this method of communication, and also looking toward the Hamm
side of the house. That is also my route.....

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
Cool,
Glad to see another member joining this method of communication, and also looking toward the Hamm
side of the house. That is also my route.....
thanks

I just wish the ham test could be done online. It would be so much more convenient.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

thanks

I just wish the ham test could be done online. It would be so much more convenient.
At that point there would be no reason to have a test, everyone would cheat...at least as it is someone hopefully might learn something while memorizing the 428 questions/answers for the Technician license.

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
At that point there would be no reason to have a test, everyone would cheat...at least as it is someone hopefully might learn something while memorizing the 428 questions/answers for the Technician license.
I guess I’m an optimist in hoping people wouldn’t do that.

TheRealMcCoy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fayetteville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREL219
I would have to agree with you. That would open up for too many folks that really do not understand the reason for Ham.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
great write up, wish I saw it before posting up questions about it. Sorry.

thanks again!