Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I have been on here a while and every once in a while I ask myself, how do you qualify for badges, etc?

For instance, the builder badge. I have built a rock crawler/expedition vehicle and posted a build thread. I designed and built from scratch an offroad teardrop and posted a extensive build thread. I have over 600 likes on my threads.

I have a documented 20 year history of helping and working with offroaders and promoting our obsession both as a Chapter President and National President for one of the largest offroad forums around (NAXJA).

Do I have to request it? Is there a list of requirements for the different paths/ranks or what ever you call them?

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Is there a list of requirements for the different paths
The list of requirements for each trophy "track" are listed under the badge tab on your profile here: https://overlandbound.com/forums/badges/

Some are automated by the software for forum posts, likes, etc. Others are by request. Note, that at the moment, the "Request Trophy" button is broken. @Michael is aware of that, and it is being looked into.

The "Innovator" and "Challenger" tracks have not been developed, and those trophies are not available. At one point, they all said "Ignore for now", but that's not there now.

The functioning and awarding of forum related trophies will be reviewed to award trophies more for quality of post rather than numbers of posts. That will be a while, though. For now, there are several trophies available that do not need moderator approval.

I hope that helps!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It's a good thing we have these ranks and trophies, how else would we know who the best overlander is?
Hey @v_man :tonguewink:. That's funny. Nah, it's not a competition. You probably see some folks questioning whether they are a "Real" overlander, but that's about them. We don't solve insecurity here. I will say, that is exactly why this community was founded. I was tired of going to other communities where it was a competition and just downright unfriendly to newcomers. We are unequivocally against that kind of judgement and competition here. We want to provide information, and have a bit of fun, and hopefully provide a community folks can connect with.

Last edited:

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I was more interested in the Innovator path. I figured I would qualify since I designed and built a sweet extreme offroad teardrop from scratch and documented it. I have posted scores of solutions to problems such as a cheap and effective method of mounting a high lift, a custom tall trailer jack, or my rubber isolated extreme articulation hitch for offroad, or my air bag trailer suspension. I even posted up a build thread on my XJ. All of my projects are personally designed and fabricated, no store bought chrome here.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I was more interested in the Innovator path. I figured I would qualify since I designed and built a sweet extreme offroad teardrop from scratch and documented it. I have posted scores of solutions to problems such as a cheap and effective method of mounting a high lift, a custom tall trailer jack, or my rubber isolated extreme articulation hitch for offroad, or my air bag trailer suspension. I even posted up a build thread on my XJ. All of my projects are personally designed and fabricated, no store bought chrome here.
Awesome! The paths will receive more attention soon. Part of the goals could be set by our community - but we also want to tie in some training and certification as well. Certification from official organizations - ham licensing etc. There will be more on this soon. Thank you for the feedback guys!

m