How to declare goods when buying a subscription...

• HTML tutorial

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

Hello,

I just received my subscription package and I'm thrilled with the new start of all this!
I must say however that I did was a bit disappointed by the additional custom fee's.
On top of my shipment that I already paid came a custom fee of € 50,- (about 55,- USD) which is a bit absurd since I actually bought a membership subscription and not actually goods.

Perhaps this should be a thing to think about cause since I was not the only one who went thru this, we discussed this in our mid Europe group and apparently this is keeping people from becoming a member.

Just my two cents but what do you guys think?

Grtz!

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I had the same back then.
In Germany you have to pay customs on the actual items you bought, whatever this may be + the cost of the shipment.
Wasn't very happy with it but it's how it is, I explained the situation to the guy in the customs office but he said it doesn't matter, I received goods so I have to pay.

Reactions: AdventurousRover

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello,

I just received my subscription package and I'm thrilled with the new start of all this!
I must say however that I did was a bit disappointed by the additional custom fee's.
On top of my shipment that I already paid came a custom fee of € 50,- (about 55,- USD) which is a bit absurd since I actually bought a membership subscription and not actually goods.

Perhaps this should be a thing to think about cause since I was not the only one who went thru this, we discussed this in our mid Europe group and apparently this is keeping people from becoming a member.

Just my two cents but what do you guys think?

Grtz!

So you had to pay 55 Euro for the emblem? Really? WOW. PM sent.

Jim

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

So you had to pay 55 Euro for the emblem? Really? WOW. PM sent.

Jim
49 euro's but it was for the premium package and an additional t-shirt. It was about 40% on top. I 'm thrilled to have my stuff but I know this might scare a lot of people away.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
So a birthday gift sent to you would be the stated value of the gift?

Jim

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

So a birthday gift sent to you would be the stated value of the gift?

Jim
There are limit values for gifts and they may ask why someone is sending them to you.
If a purchase is below a certain value you don't get charged, but they may check out the declared value via Google search.
So they really take this seriously over here.

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

Item (price + shipping) + 19%

In Belgium it gets a bit better:

Item (price + shipping) + 21% VAT + x amount import fee

I have no clue about how they calculate the import fee but I think this is in classes as MazeVX is saying as well.

AdventurousRover

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leuven, België
First Name
Ruud
Last Name
Boydens
Member #

Apparently it goes like this in Belgium for all trade goods:

Item (price + shipping)
+ customs administration cost (this drops if the value is less then € 22,-, otherwise this is minimum is € 15,-but easily goes up to € 30 or € 40)
+ Import rights: 3%

The sum of this amount is then taxed again with VAT being 21%.

tijsk

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Baarle-Nassau, North Brabant, Netherlands
First Name
Tijs
Last Name
Keijsers
Member #

Had the same in NL, got charged 45 euro for the whole package.
Membership + coin + patch + (free) basecamp flag + shipping costs, was used for customs.
Apparently because of a included invoice which did not show shipping costs, discount on basecamp flag and included the membership costs as well.
Looks like that could have been prevented, but from my end I do not have much overview of those processes.

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Calle Oeste, Landete, España
First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
En España tuve el mismo problema. Seguramente, el gran freno para poder comprar libremente en cualquier tienda en línea en el mundo es el problema de la gestión de aduanas en el país de destino, que, al contrario de lo que esperaríamos inclinar hacia una mayor liberalización, ha tendido a restringirse nuestro país ; Actualmente el límite actual es de 22 euros como valor exento de IVA y Arancel.

Reactions: JDavid