How many padlocks on your Plano storage boxes?

• HTML tutorial

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

I just bought 2 of the 108qt......might buy a 3rd (same size or slightly smaller) for our UP Michigan trip. Haven't used them yet, just getting ready to put the weather stripping in them. How many padlocks are you using on them? Obviously two on the same side won't work at all. 2 on opposite corners doesn't look viable as you could probably pry things open. 2 on the same end might work. 4 just seems ridiculous. I'm going to at least need more than one per box. We are not staying in one place.........moving around from camp to camp, hiking, sight seeing, etc.

Do they sell 100 packs of locks with the same key? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I just bought 2 of the 108qt......might buy a 3rd (same size or slightly smaller) for our UP Michigan trip. Haven't used them yet, just getting ready to put the weather stripping in them. How many padlocks are you using on them? Obviously two on the same side won't work at all. 2 on opposite corners doesn't look viable as you could probably pry things open. 2 on the same end might work. 4 just seems ridiculous. I'm going to at least need more than one per box. We are not staying in one place.........moving around from camp to camp, hiking, sight seeing, etc.

Do they sell 100 packs of locks with the same key? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I use one on each corner. Go get cable gun locks. I picked up 2pks for 7.00 ea. I use them also to secure my shovel and axe to my bed rack. Just an idea.

Reactions: SubeeBen