How about steam powered rotisserie?

• HTML tutorial

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Was thinking how to go about roasting something over a camp fire using some sort of rotisserie. I've seen where people make a paddlewheel in a creek and use that. I thought about the self powered fans for setting on wood burning stoves. Then it came to me. How about a steam powered rotisserie?

Set up a frame over your campfire that one side has a bucket of water and little (toy sized) steam engine geared to the rotisserie. Run a coil of metal pipe through the coals to make the steam from the water in the bucket.

Start your fire, let it burn for awhile to make a good bed of coals. Place the frame over the fire, fill the bucket with water and let 'er rip.

What do you think?

-jim lee

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Here ya' go. How about this for the motor. I'll need to design a gearbox to gear it down and some sort of boiler to put in the fire..

-jim lee

Reactions: augenholz

Flip4Ford

Rank 0

Traveler I

steam power is a very cool idea. I used to run a tube around the side of my fireplace with a small electric fan to push air and warm the living room-- a tube running through the fire with water in it would make a good boiler?