How about a spot to list auto dealerships that are great to work with, good service, all that, in each members area?

• HTML tutorial

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Overland Bound Head quarters,
I had a great experience with my last purchase of a vehicle in Lakewood, WA. I think it might help others looking to buy or if the thread information included also great service departments too, would be of benefit to other Members. There might be a thread like this, but could not find it. Vance.

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
Seems to me like that’s what review sites are for. And could turn into people making accounts to pump up their own dealership very easily without knowing. And a fake account on here has a lot more trust in the community than a fake account on review sites that have 50+ reviews for a single dealer, where as this will only have a few, if even that many, for each.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Seems to me like that’s what review sites are for. And could turn into people making accounts to pump up their own dealership very easily without knowing. And a fake account on here has a lot more trust in the community than a fake account on review sites that have 50+ reviews for a single dealer, where as this will only have a few, if even that many, for each.
Yes you are right of course, but it’s that way about almost everything on the internet! Not just here. Vance.

The Travelin' Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Asheville, NC
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Ray
Member #

I think that is a great idea. Especially for the newbies; however, alexdnick makes a very valid point. Maybe it is more of a local sub-group discussion? I have heard rave reviews about several companies through various sources, but they are all out west and I am not finding many local to my area as of yet.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

The review sites are good, but some of the smaller businesses will not be listed. Word of mouth, goes along ways, knowing others with the vehicles had great service! Thanks for the comments so far! Vance.

alexdnick

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
A
Last Name
N
The review sites are good, but some of the smaller businesses will not be listed. Word of mouth, goes along ways, knowing others with the vehicles had great service! Thanks for the comments so far! Vance.
If a site that is made for reviews specifically, and has millions of users and is much more accommodated to leaving a review and having that review seen, then I doubt a site with 30k across the entire globe will have the small dealers.

I think it will just add clutter imo

Reactions: The Travelin' Taco

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

This is why I love our Members here at OB. Great suggestions and interesting insight on this! This is why I through this out there, this was more for discussion than anything. I am always looking for new ideas to share with the OB community. Vance.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Also list it in the region specific forums so your fellow region members who are in that dealers area know about them.....

Jim