Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I don't know where initially but I stumbled on this event, Overland Expo Houston, slated for Saturday, March 4th, 2023. It looks like it's planned to be at Fortress BeerWorks in Spring, TX.

Does anyone know who is putting it on? Based on my google searches, I'm not really seeing anything. However, it's near me and sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday. So, I'm trying to get some more details.

Also, I can't tell if it's going by Houston Offroad Exp, Overland Expo Houston, or Offroad Expo Houston.

To clarify for TLDRs, this is NOT affiliated with Overland Expo. This is one of the only things we know about this event.

Last edited:

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I don't know where initially but I stumbled on this event, Overland Expo Houston, slated for Saturday, March 4th, 2023. It looks like it's planned to be at Fortress BeerWorks in Spring, TX.

Does anyone know who is putting it on? Based on my google searches, I'm not really seeing anything. However, it's near me and sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday. So, I'm trying to get some more details.

Also, I can't tell if it's going by Houston Offroad Exp, Overland Expo Houston, or Offroad Expo Houston.
I would recommend you to change the title because people might think this event is affiliate with 'Overland Expo'. It is not.

For what I can gather from the link you posted, it seems a very small event happening at a brewery, coffee and rigs style. I would suggest you to call the brewery to see if they know more about this.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I agree with @trail_runn4r

Reactions: trail_runn4r

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

To clarify for TLDRs, this is NOT affiliated with Overland Expo. This is one of the only things we know about this event.
Any more buzz about this?

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Any more buzz about this?
I haven't found anything else about this anywhere. So, I'm assuming this specific event is a no-go or it's some small club that isn't active on any of the overlanding/exploration forums.
As such, I'll be passing on it.

That being said, I did find that there is another event this same weekend in Conroe, 30-min north, called the "Lone Star Jeep Invasion", Lone Star Jeep Invasion
So, maybe this was a small outcrop of that? The Lone State Jeep Invasion reads that it will have 800+ Jeeps, 2000 people attending, and vendors with Jeep-specific merch. If it's like any of the other events I've stumbled on in the Houston area though, it will likely be some rock crawlers, a couple of exploration-ready ones, and a lot of flashy Jeeps on 30" wheels and rubber band MTs. Quite the opposite of a vehicle-based exploration-focused expo event. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I haven't found anything else about this anywhere. So, I'm assuming this specific event is a no-go or it's some small club that isn't active on any of the overlanding/exploration forums.

That being said, I did find that there is another event this same weekend in Conroe, 30-min north, called the "Lone Star Jeep Invasion", Lone Star Jeep Invasion
So, maybe this was a small outcrop of that? The Lone State Jeep Invasion reads that it will have 800+ Jeeps, 2000 people attending, and vendors with Jeep-specific merch. If it's like any of the other events I've stumbled on in the Houston area though, it will likely be some rock crawlers, a couple of exploration-ready ones, and a lot of flashy Jeeps on 30" wheels and rubber band MTs. Quite the opposite of a vehicle-based exploration-focused expo event. Hopefully I'm wrong!
I figured they were trying to piggyback on it. I'm going to pass also.

Renegade

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Texas

The Jeep event is the biggest Jeep show in Texas I know of.

Last week there was the Lone Star Throwdown.

Reactions: AggieOE

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
Just an FYI - the event was yesterday and it was a huge success. It was put on by a member of a local Houston Overland facebook group and he had connections with the brewery, there were vendors there such as, Taxa Outdoors, Escapod, Basecamp Provisions, Cali Raised, Velox Off-road, Proj Zero and a bunch more. There were roughly 400-500 people attending so it was a great day and a lot of cool rigs, vendors and the pizza, beer and crawfish were great. Also, there weren't many Jeeps :D

I even connected with another OB member while there.
Screenshot 2023-03-04 214106.jpg

The Taxa Outdoors team including the CEO/Owner, President, lead designers and more.
Screenshot 2023-03-04 222057.jpg

Behind our set
1678033968116.png

I didn't get as many pics as I was hoping because it was much busier than we expected it to be, but it was great fun. There were people that traveled there from Utah and Mexico.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Here are a couple more pics I got out of the Houston Overland FB group - (not my pics, just sharing)
This looks awesome! I'm glad to see it was such a success! I just wish I would have found more information about it sooner. I'm down in Pearland too and would have definitely made the trek!

Not sure If I'm part of the wrong Houston Overland FB group but I didn't see anything:

Reactions: Basecamp Overland

Basecamp Overland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Pearland, TX, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Specht
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWK279
This looks awesome! I'm glad to see it was such a success! I just wish I would have found more information about it sooner. I'm down in Pearland too and would have definitely made the trek!

Not sure If I'm part of the wrong Houston Overland FB group but I didn't see anything:
I am in Pearland too! Small world :)

I thought it was Houston Overland where I saw it, they need to create their own website if they keep going like they say they are. This was the first event and they are trying to plan it out and make it bigger for next year (growing pains), but I agree with you, the communication and reach needs to be improved. I was very happy to see how it turned out and it ended up garnering more people than expected because the venue was crowded with parking extended further than they thought.

Reactions: AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

100%. Any kind of social media is better than nothing. Maybe there’s a Toyota forum though with it since it looks like they had a good turn out.

DosTacos

Rank VI

Influencer I

Pflugerville, TX, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
West
Member #

I was there also and was lucky enough to get parking up close but when we left we saw folks walking quite a ways. The turnout was bigger than expected and they definitely need a larger venue if they do it again next year. Great vendors and lots of cool people though, plus when it's next to a brewery, it's hard to go wrong.

Reactions: Basecamp Overland