Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Found these from another member and figure we would post it here for you to get in a deal....

These genuine military issue plastic water cans are excellent. Water cans are 20L (5 gallon) Scepter or LCI MWC's (military water cans) Buy here $23.99 15% off first order free shipping over $50 those are not indestructible but as close to it as you can get. That link is about half the normal price...

LOL I bought 10......

Not sure how long the sale and free shipping will be but it is on now.

By the way, LCI employs the blind, so that is great.

Jim

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Thanks for sharing. Looking to pick up one of those after seeing Michael's video on converting one to use a powered water faucet for dispensing water as well as a YouTube video I found of making one into a pressurized unit with a spray nozzle.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
I was about to purchase a few $13 Ozark Trail jugs, but I imagine the military canisters are worth the extra $10 each?
Yes, they are. Much more rugged than the thin plastic walmart ones. The military style were abused when I was in the army and never had a problem with them. I'm afraid if I dropped one of the walmart ones, the plastic would explode and I'd lose the water.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Found these from another member and figure we would post it here for you to get in a deal....

These genuine military issue plastic water cans are excellent. Water cans are 20L (5 gallon) Scepter or LCI MWC's (military water cans) Buy here $23.99 15% off first order free shipping over $50 those are not indestructible but as close to it as you can get. That link is about half the normal price...

LOL I bought 10......

Not sure how long the sale and free shipping will be but it is on now.

By the way, LCI employs the blind, so that is great.

Jim
It's pretty much the standard deal at BuyLCI. I bought three four years ago and there was only an .80 difference, each.

watersanitize_1699-900.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thanks for sharing. Looking to pick up one of those after seeing Michael's video on converting one to use a powered water faucet for dispensing water as well as a YouTube video I found of making one into a pressurized unit with a spray nozzle.
Exactly how I’m using mine.

Reactions: bgenlvtex

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Reactions: bgenlvtex and Road

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Used to use these while in the Marines (heavy guns platoon) and you have to watch the breather valves. Those snap off super easily and if you keep inside will shoot water over your stuff on bumpy roads.

The ones we couldn’t rig outside we would duct tape that part as much as possible.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Used to use these while in the Marines (heavy guns platoon) and you have to watch the breather valves. Those snap off super easily and if you keep inside will shoot water over your stuff on bumpy roads.

The ones we couldn’t rig outside we would duct tape that part as much as possible.
Second this statement. We used these in the Army also. They were tossed, dropped, and kicked. Even saw one that survived a failed Cargo Parachute opening. HUMVEE was pancaked but the water cans were fine. Keep an eye out for the breather valves.

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Reactions: Ubiety

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Some good info about these on the original thread - including link to cap wrench which is supposed to be a "must have". Thanks @bgenlvtex for sharing this deal!
Yes sir, Jim did ask if he could share that link. I posted it to help people and pass along a deal, he's getting more traction than I did, so all is good, thanks for the words.

Reactions: M Rose and Jim SoG