MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
The family and I are looking to head to the Hoosier National Forest the second weekend of June and I'm hoping to find a dispersed camp site to use and maybe some forest roads to explore. Does anyone know of any dispersed camp sites and/or fun forest roads? I will have a 3 and 1 y/o in the Jeep so nothing to crazy. I've downloaded the motor vehicle use map and have some ideas for forest roads to try but was hoping to hear from someone who has been there. I'll be coming from south west Indiana so I'm look at the southern part of the forest but I am open any area if it's recommended. Thanks in advance for the help.

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

The family and I are looking to head to the Hoosier National Forest the second weekend of June and I'm hoping to find a dispersed camp site to use and maybe some forest roads to explore. Does anyone know of any dispersed camp sites and/or fun forest roads? I will have a 3 and 1 y/o in the Jeep so nothing to crazy. I've downloaded the motor vehicle use map and have some ideas for forest roads to try but was hoping to hear from someone who has been there. I'll be coming from south west Indiana so I'm look at the southern part of the forest but I am open any area if it's recommended. Thanks in advance for the help.
Good luck! I'm having a hell of a time finding dispersed camp spots in mo. Lots around but for good reasons people dont share.

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
Ya I'm suspicious that people don't want share either and I don't blame them. Well if I find anything I'll share it....maybe[emoji848]....haha

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

Ya I'm suspicious that people don't want share either and I don't blame them. Well if I find anything I'll share it....maybe[emoji848]....haha
Haha. Its real sad but I do get it. Who wants people they dont know messing with sweet spot they find. It's a shame you cant trust people to leave it better than they found it! Enjoy your trip!

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

iOverlander app has some listed. People have posted recently that they're legit. Haven't verified, personally, but have backpacked in some of the areas in years past and it does seem legit.
Sweet I'll download this now. Thanks man!

MidwestJeep

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Evansville Indiana
First Name
W
Last Name
Campbell
iOverlander app has some listed. People have posted recently that they're legit. Haven't verified, personally, but have backpacked in some of the areas in years past and it does seem legit.
Oh ya. I forgot about that app. I used to have it but didn't use it for a several months so I ended up deleting it. Thanks for reminding me of it! [emoji106]