Rank III

Enthusiast I

Agawam, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
DAngelo
Member #

Hey guys! I am looking into building a road shower to mount on my Tacoma. Was hoping I could see some of your setups. Also, how do you get a decent water pressure? Any tips/ideas are appreciated!

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I’d stay away from the PVC ones. If you can fabricate/weld, I’d recommend hitting a scrap metal yard and looking for a air compressor tank. They already have pressure relief valves, bungs for air inlets/hoses, etc. If you are DIYing your shower, that will get you going cheaper than buying a “Road Shower”. Even easier would be to buy a Battery operated shower (Ivation- on Amazon) and a turkey fryer/stock pot. Multi-useful in camp. A lot less money/involved than a DIY shower.

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
There's nothing wrong with homemade PVC versions. Lots of people make them, use them successfully and save money. The WaterPorts are plastic too. I've used both.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I think I'm going to build a PVC one, it would be nice to have a water source permanently on my truck rather than have to store it at home and pack it each time for the trip. The commercial ones available are way overpriced and I just can't see paying that kind of money for something that just holds water and provides enough pressure to shower with. Of course I have some water containers I might use for this system too if I can figure out a good way to store them on my truck without getting in the way of packing all my other camping gear.