Zaroch

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Canton, OH, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Smith
I have a 1993 Yukon as my rig and I'm building a camper trailer for it for off-road use. My plan is to use a junk 1996 suburban and gut the interior and make my own. What kind of problems will I run into out on the trail with this type of trailer? I know the length will be one because of turns and whatnot but other than that idk

Neuvik

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Trent
Last Name
W
Member #

I have a 1993 Yukon as my rig and I'm building a camper trailer for it for off-road use. My plan is to use a junk 1996 suburban and gut the interior and make my own. What kind of problems will I run into out on the trail with this type of trailer? I know the length will be one because of turns and whatnot but other than that idk
That would be a long beast depending on the trail, but folks have done it before. Maybe overkill for the axle, but It beats the crude out of any trailer with rubber torsion axles.

You might watch this guys channel to help you out.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I've been working on my xj trailer for way to long, but I believe once done it will be very nice. I was concerned about length also. But remedied that by removing a foot out of the front door area. It's now prefect size. You might look at doing the same to avoid to much tongue weight.