Hollister Hills SVRA Sunday Getaway - 07/29/2018

• HTML tutorial

Alex Bucur

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose CA
Member #

Should we set up a San Jose meet spot in the AM and all ride out together?

They just build this new gas station with a huge parking lot and starbucks right off 101.
Should we meet here. 37.256833, -121.792363
That works for me. Say 9AM? That should put us at the ranger station by 10 AM. For those not meeting at the gas station, how about the old obstacle course at 10:30 AM?
Lets do it. 37.256833, -121.792363 at 9AM.

Reactions: Overland California

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
We’re in downtown Hollister right now, stopped for food and fuel. I have Ham on 146.46 and a CB on channel 4 in case anyone has their radio on. Will try to find y’all around 10:30-45 at the old obstacle course once I find it. Driving a black 2dr JK Sahara.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Huge thank you to all who came out! Apologies to those we lost along the way and to those we nearly lost forever. I was surprised by the large turnout, but was happy to meet all you great folks. The wheeling was fun – part technical, part easy. I hope you all were able to push your driving limits a bit and test your vehicles capabilities. I think we can all agree, the rigs are more capable than we think they are.

Thanks for the spot and push @Alex Bucur. Whoopsies!

@TacticalBBQ @JeepWave @justintheegreat @Alex Bucur @Arturo solorzano @Commander Overlander @Blackcobrajay (if I missed your screen name, please post it up here).

Thinking forward: I have some ideas on how we can make future trips more fun for everyone.
  1. I think that starts with putting groups together based on trail level desires and driver capabilities. That'd definitely prevent us from losing a couple of folks along the way when the bypasses don't lead to where we think they do. I think this would be possible since a few of us now understand Hollister and know what to expect.
  2. I'd love to head out on trail runs and then regroup (in the shade) at a certain time for lunch or beers or both.
  3. I think staying late, setting up a light camp lounge and grilling together would be a lot of fun.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. This was my first attempt at putting a group together and my first time hitting the trails in 8 years.