Hollister hills SVRA Hollister August 26, 2017 - 08/26/2017

• HTML tutorial

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I forgot to mention that Hollister Hills is covered in Poison Oak so it is a very good idea to bring along some rubbing alcohol and paper towels for cleaning the oil from your skin. With all the rain we had this past winter, the PO is EVERYWHERE and hangs out of the tree's and bushes into the path of vehicles on the trails. This can (and will) transfer to any skin that touches to outside of your rig.

I have wheeled in this park for many years and have managed to avoid getting Poison Oak on all except a few trips to the park by using alcohol to wipe off on a regular basis during the day.

I look forward to meeting you folks on sat!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
On advice, we are switching to CB channel 22.

Reactions: BCBrian

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I forgot to mention that Hollister Hills is covered in Poison Oak so it is a very good idea to bring along some rubbing alcohol and paper towels for cleaning the oil from your skin. With all the rain we had this past winter, the PO is EVERYWHERE and hangs out of the tree's and bushes into the path of vehicles on the trails. This can (and will) transfer to any skin that touches to outside of your rig.

I have wheeled in this park for many years and have managed to avoid getting Poison Oak on all except a few trips to the park by using alcohol to wipe off on a regular basis during the day.

I look forward to meeting you folks on sat!
Good advice. Thanks!

Reactions: BCBrian

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

Good afternoon, y'all. I accidentally posted this on the other page. Here's some new info got everyone.
Good day everyone. I spoke with the ranger out in Hollister and the campgrounds are first come first serve. The two campsites are Sycamore camp and the obstacle camp. The sycamore camp has flushing toilets and showers. The obstacle camp does not have showers, but they do you have flushing toilets. These two campsites are in the upper ranch where the 4 x 4 vehicles Are. You have to enter in the lower ranch, and the Ranger will give you the combination to the lock for the campsites if you get one. Camping is wide open with fire rings available. I'm going to be heading out in the morning with some friends and hopefully will be able to get a couple of Sites for the nite.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Great. We're going to try for Sycamore. See you in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

s2kutah

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Murray, UT, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Looks like I'll be able to make it down for the day. This will be my first trip to Hollister Hills and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Reactions: Suburban_Overland

TheAdventureIndex

Rank V
Investor

Member III

San Mateo,CA
Member #

Just as some advice from past experience, bring mosquito netting, and a wasp trap if youre camping.

They can b brutal and ruin a good camping experience. Otherwise, love HH!

Reactions: Mudgard

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Is there the possibility of a Sunday meeting point and time inside Hollister Hills.

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

The cost to camp is $10 per night and it also covers your trail fee's which are $5 a day. The best place to camp is Sycamore Camp as it is out of the wind and has FREE hot showers. I have organized several group runs out of this CG and there is ample room for a good sized group. Getting there early and staking your spot out with some chairs etc. is always a good idea as it can fill up quickly. The site on the far side of the bathrooms and showers has lots of flat ground for folks with roof top tents or that sleep in their rigs.

Hopefully I can make this as my rig is going to the dealer for some warranty work on Tue the 22nd.

The Mighty Expedition

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, CA
Member #

I just joined 10 minutes ago.
This sounds like a great first trip.
I have been to Hollister many times but always on 2 wheels.
Recently bought a 4x4 to change it up a bit.
Look forward to meeting you guys.

Chris

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Is there the possibility of a Sunday meeting point and time inside Hollister Hills.
Probably the best thing would to meet up with us at the sycamore campground if you're coming in on Sunday. I'm not sure when we'll actually hit the trails on the second day. I'll also try to monitor CB channel 22.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I just joined 10 minutes ago.
This sounds like a great first trip.
I have been to Hollister many times but always on 2 wheels.
Recently bought a 4x4 to change it up a bit.
Look forward to meeting you guys.

Chris
Perfect. Welcome aboard. I look forward to meeting with you tomorrow. I've never been there, but heard it's great!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Hey guys! I'm interested in joining, but will be in my stock Taco. Will anyone be running the easier trails?
Yes. Sounds like we have people from all skill/equipment levels. Come on out!