Hollister Hills SVRA April 28, 2018

• HTML tutorial

Mark2Mister2

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Mateo
Welp, it's been too long since I've put tires on dirt so I'm contemplating a trip down to Hollister Hills SVRA on Saturday, April 28th. I've never been to the place and am a novice off road driver. Anyone interested in a day of wheeling? Mostly looking to try out light/moderate trails to test out the new (to me) 4runner.

Thanks! Apologies if I posted this in the wrong section.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Coincidentally, a friend and I are heading to Hollister on the 28th so he can practice his rock crawling skills. If you have FRS or CB perhaps we could meet up.

Gary_Tsang

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Gatos, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Tsang
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6RHD
Will join you guys I'm from Campbell.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I've been itching to get back in the dirt so I may join in. I have over 100 days wheeling at HH and would be happy to show you around. Most of the trails are moderate, so they are good for newer folks to 4 wheeling.

Reactions: Mark2Mister2

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

if Hollister is closed, maybe try to get out to Frank Raines OHV on the 28th. It’s pretty nice up there and I’m pretty sure there’s more water in the streams now.
Had a great time out there a couple of months ago. I’d def try to join y’all for that one.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Since Hollister is closed for the day I might be running the Sourgrass Trail off highway 4 instead. If anybody is potentially interested in meeting up let me know and I'll start a new thread.

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

FF55A76E-2B93-4F4B-BE90-8A2B2FD975A8.jpeg Sour grass is nice trail. This was our camping spot right next to the river. One area of the trail was pretty rough. We had to use the kinetic strap on a couple rigs to get to this spot.

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

Well, I just checked the events page on the Hollister Hills website and the Upper Ranch (4X4 side) is CLOSED on the 28th for a motorcycle race. We will need to pick another date.

Here is a link to the events page - http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=21873
Upper Ranch is closed for a event this weekend. http://www.mta4x4.com/frolic.html
It's too late to register online but you can go in person and pay at the gate. The event starts Friday to Sunday. It's a great even with raffle prizes on Sunday. Main wheeling day is Saturday.

Note: you don't have to camp out either if you wanted to just wheel the day.

I'll be there with a bunch of buddies Fri night to Sun. Lots of rigs and people you can follow if you wanted to learn to wheel. You're welcome to follow me and my buddies too, we'll probably hit the trail after we wake up and do bacon time. approx. 9-10am Sat. If any of you are going, hit me up and we can meet up and grab a few beers.