Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hey guys and gal just checking in again from Central Florida and was wondering if their are any other Overland members from Florida or close to Florida that have hit any trails and or meet and greets. In October I'm going to be doing a Jeep Jamboree in North, Carolina at the Uwharrie National Forest and it will be my first time doing one. Looking forward to seeing what it's about And I'll be representing the Overland badge on the Jeep so if anyone sees or ask about the badge I'll tell them about it, the forum, and what we are all about. [emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Contributor II

I'm in Delray Beach. We have some wildlife preserves with miles of trails, but I like the Ocala area better. My friend with a Jeep has land in NC and we have a little convoy going up there for Overland Expo East in October.

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I'm in Delray Beach. We have some wildlife preserves with miles of trails, but I like the Ocala area better. My friend with a Jeep has land in NC and we have a little convoy going up there for Overland Expo East in October.
Man that sound pretty sweet. I'm going to be up in NC also in October 6th-8th my wife, 2 boys, and I are going to be doing the Jeep Jamboree at the Uwharrie National Forest I don't know how far that's from the Overland Expo but I would like to check it out at least one day.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Same weekend. Do they let Broncos in the Jamboree if i put a trail rated badge on, lol?
Lmao! You never know maybe you can put the cover that they use to hide the new wrangler coming and the trail rated badge. Is it like a jeep club? Also what part of NC do you guys go to to hit the trails at?

Contributor II

It's our first time going there just for overlanding. Last time I took the wife to NC in the bronco the old 5.0l v8 nearly died. Now i have a cummins so I'm looking forward to this trip. We're going to spend a day or so scouting for trails since we'll be going back hopefully yearly.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

It's our first time going there just for overlanding. Last time I took the wife to NC in the bronco the old 5.0l v8 nearly died. Now i have a cummins so I'm looking forward to this trip. We're going to spend a day or so scouting for trails since we'll be going back hopefully yearly.
Cool man, and that sucks about the engine on the bronco I bet you and your wife were freaking out also. That will be sweet scouting and exploring fro trails and going back yearly as a tradition. If you ever need another over lander to go and help out explore or just to hang out with that family let me know. [emoji3][emoji106]

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Well, if you happen to be going to the Overland Expo that weekend give me a call. 904-424-4696
That's cool man I appreciate it that. I'll save your number and hit you up when I get up their to do the Jeep jamboree and see what time we are done during the day and see how far the expo is from Troy NC. [emoji106]

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Some great wheeling up that way. First place I ever wheeled was Tellico outside Murphy NC. Unfortunately the government took that away from us. Thinking about heading up to Overland Expo East.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Some great wheeling up that way. First place I ever wheeled was Tellico outside Murphy NC. Unfortunately the government took that away from us. Thinking about heading up to Overland Expo East.
Lol funny you mentioned that. Like I told nomad I'm going to be doing the jeep jamboree in Troy, NC from the 6th-8th and hopefully I finish the trails early enough to go and check the Overland Expo out. I think that would be sweet. Nomad will be up their as well with a group of friends and one of them owns land up their which is pretty sweet.

Reactions: MarkW

southdiver1

Rank II

Advocate II

I will be the Jeeper with Nomadic Mechanic. The expo is in Ashville and we will be camping in Franklin at the top of one of the mountains. If anyone wants to come visit, we are a friendly bunch.

Reactions: MarkW and Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I will be the Jeeper with Nomadic Mechanic. The expo is in Ashville and we will be camping in Franklin at the top of one of the mountains. If anyone wants to come visit, we are a friendly bunch.
Cool southdiver1, I got his number just incase I have time from the Jeep Jamboree that I got going on that same weekend. Hopefully I get some time off and go check that Expo out.

JKUOverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cool southdiver1, I got his number just incase I have time from the Jeep Jamboree that I got going on that same weekend. Hopefully I get some time off and go check that Expo out.
Coming up out of Miami to the Overland Expo East 29Sept-01Oct 2017. If you and any others from the group are going this year I would like to jump into the convoy. Also long term planning for the TAT or portions of and looking for Overlander from Florida to travel the TAT or GPSKevins East Coast trail.

Brandon Tico

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Miami Beach, FL
Member #

Coming up out of Miami to the Overland Expo East 29Sept-01Oct 2017. If you and any others from the group are going this year I would like to jump into the convoy. Also long term planning for the TAT or portions of and looking for Overlander from Florida to travel the TAT or GPSKevins East Coast trail.
I did a lot of the TAT this last summer, it's a fun time. It starts getting really good out in Colorado. the SE portion is mostly winding dirt roads.
I'm from Miami also BTW.

JKUOverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

I did a lot of the TAT this last summer, it's a fun time. It starts getting really good out in Colorado. the SE portion is mostly winding dirt roads.
I'm from Miami also BTW.
Hi Brandon, I would like to meet and ask questions about your TAT trip to help me plan. I think I was following your blog w/your GF? But haven't seen any updates. I am out in the Redland. (ebec_usa@yahoo)