First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
Portage Glacier on Portage Lake
My friend said we should walk the frozen lake to the glacier. Something on my bucket list for a couple of years. So we snuck out one Thursday for the hike. He failed to mention 8 miles. It’s was a beautiful day. backpacks configured for 48 hours just in case. Map tracking with Garmin inReach Explorer+.

Attachments

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
Portage Glacier on Portage Lake
My friend said we should walk the frozen lake to the glacier. Something on my bucket list for a couple of years. So we snuck out one Thursday for the hike. He failed to mention 8 miles. It’s was a beautiful day. backpacks configured for 48 hours just in case. Map tracking with Garmin inReach Explorer+.
PS: the following Saturday, the glacier calved on the right side. While we were further down, had it happened then...

Reactions: Henrock911

Henrock911

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Morris, Illinois, United States
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
It appeared this bear was doing the same. Their were also dog prints and boot prints. Wish I would have snapped a larger area pic to show that.20200419_083806.jpg20200419_084320.jpg

The tracks were pretty fresh...but I was headed in the opposite direction and I didnt see any of the 3.

• Wow
Reactions: Henrock911

Oranger

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hastings, MN, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZAU
While my local places are not as amazing as those posted here, it is great to have time to explore smaller parks I had not yet had the opportunity and time to hit up.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

When in Bryce, always hike the hoodoos....@whiskey7backroadsView attachment 185955
Bryce is a definite ”must see”. Unfortunately the last time we were there the Hoodoo trails were closed :-( I had to make do with a pre-sunrise shoot.
That's a great photo. Closed because of Covid??
Nah, we last got down in May 2019. I think it was just some major trail maintenance. Oh well, be a great excuse to go back as soon as we are able (from Canada). Can't wait to get back to Utah (... and Arizona, and Nevada, and Colorado, and California,. and ... )

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

When in Bryce, always hike the hoodoos....@whiskey7backroadsView attachment 185955
My wife and I went to Bryce a couple of years ago and it was great. We flew into Vegas, drove to Zion first ( also amazing) then Bryce, went back later and hit Death Valley and Joshua tree. I have come to love the desert, likely because we don't have them where I live lol.
IMG_4672.JPGIMG_4719.JPGIMG_4715.JPGIMG_4713.JPG

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Camping Trip from Fall of 2020. Hiked a bit of the AT with my oldest.

PXL_20201010_172529904.jpg
PXL_20201010_144308064.jpg