Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Generally speaking you have long lasting brakes that perform less well, or well performing brakes that don't last long. On all of my rigs I typically just run Napa select pads and rotors, they wear like iron and have never left me wanting (have run them on my 80 Isuzu (TONS of ridiculous off road was running 30" Super Swampers), 82 F150 (TONS of stupid off road and some towing, was running 33" Super Swampers), 93 Dodge W250 (did LOTS of heavy towing and mostly without trailer brakes up and down passes) 05 Escape (some light towing and off road). I am however a very cautious driver and I typically don't overload my rigs (only exception really was my old first gen. Dodge). What ever you do I would run the heaviest rotors you can find. Running a loaded truck off road you are going to need a big chunk of metal to deal with all of that heat. Drilled and slotted rotors are designed to dissipate heat quickly, but don't handle prolonged braking well. They are great for a sharp jab of the brakes or scrubbing off lots of speed quickly, but are more prone to overheating issues when used in an application where you are on the brakes for longer periods of time (think long hill descents).

Last edited:

dubbinchris

Rank VI
Founder 500

Off-Road Ranger I

Westerville, OH
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knapp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8WEI
I’ve head great luck with EBC truck pads on my heavy 80 series.