High Water Mark Trail - April 2017

• HTML tutorial

A_Mars

Rank 0

Traveler I

What exactly are you calling the Southern loop? Were looking to plan something for next month and Im looking at going in at Pettycord Rd. Did yall basically just head up that and cruise around that area?

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

Ran this trail this past weekend. Water was very low (in some places non-existent). Several down trees in one section so we turned around and bypassed it (we cleared what we could in other areas but there were too many in this one spot). Other sections had recently been bulldozed which made the trail almost too easy in those sections.

As for running a Suburban on it....good luck. There are several sections that are very tight and the 4 door Jeeps had issues navigating between the trees.

Nicholas Walker

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bluffton, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Hey guys! Planning on hitting this trail later this month on out way back from New Mexico to Georgia. Anyone have recent info on it or updated Gaia maps? Downloaded a set from 2017, but want to make sure we stay where we’re allowed

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Hey guys! Planning on hitting this trail later this month on out way back from New Mexico to Georgia. Anyone have recent info on it or updated Gaia maps? Downloaded a set from 2017, but want to make sure we stay where we’re allowed
I would plan on walking any water crossings you come to... we have had tons of rain over the last 6 months and I’m willing to bet the river levels are higher than they have been in years. Plus, it’s spring...

IMG_4098.JPG

IMG_4088.JPG

Those two pics are from two summers ago and that Silverado was on 9” of lift and 37s.

Be careful out there!

TheHodgin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rogers, AR, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Hodgin
I'm planning on running a part of this as a weekend trip with a small group in early February, weather permitting. Thanks for the info here!

A_Mars

Rank 0

Traveler I

I'm planning on running a part of this as a weekend trip with a small group in early February, weather permitting. Thanks for the info here!
We actually went on parts of it this weekend. Water wasnt high. Maybe on one crossing it came to the bottom of our GX on 35s and about 3" lift. Ill try and post some video later. But they did get some rain up there. Im not sure how quickly the levels change, but I couldnt imagine itll get to high.

Attachments

matt1171

Rank 0

Traveler I

with the recent changes on the 2019 MVUM maps there are currently no legal HWM routes. Every one takes you on closed trails. Be sure to compare any routes to the current MVU Maps to avoid getting a ticket for being on a closed trail.

TheHodgin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rogers, AR, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Hodgin
We actually went on parts of it this weekend. Water wasnt high. Maybe on one crossing it came to the bottom of our GX on 35s and about 3" lift. Ill try and post some video later. But they did get some rain up there. Im not sure how quickly the levels change, but I couldnt imagine itll get to high.
I'm fairly familiar with the area. The water can rise quickly but usually drops quickly as well. I would love to see more videos of the trail!

TheHodgin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rogers, AR, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Hodgin
with the recent changes on the 2019 MVUM maps there are currently no legal HWM routes. Every one takes you on closed trails. Be sure to compare any routes to the current MVU Maps to avoid getting a ticket for being on a closed trail.
We are keeping the MVUM maps up as our baseline mapping tool. We'll just be putting together whatever we can on the HWMT that is still open. I did notice there were many more closed roads than there used to be.

Reactions: joshjunior

matt1171

Rank 0

Traveler I

We are keeping the MVUM maps up as our baseline mapping tool. We'll just be putting together whatever we can on the HWMT that is still open. I did notice there were many more closed roads than there used to be.
the Gaia MVUM Overlay has not been updatedto match the new maps yet.

TheHodgin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Rogers, AR, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Hodgin
The trip was great. Ended up having 3 rigs and 3 (really 2.5) days on the trail. Had to re-route due to the first river crossing, but hooked back up on the trail fairly quickly.

I’ll definitely be going back!

phantomsi

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Antar
Any chance you could share your route? I'm planning on doing some of this trail at the end of the month and could use some guidance as to whats still open for use.