Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Hide and seek. Overland Bound edition! OK, probably not so much "hiding"...

I am taking some family out for a Saturday & Sunday (2nd & 3rd) adventure into Olympic National Forest.

I'll have stickers with me, and a Challenge coin for the first OB member that finds us!

As I have cell reception. I will post hints on Instagram (musictraveladventure).

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Sounds like fun,

JKXRANGER
OB 844
INSTAGRAM: JKXRANGER
Sent from Samsung S8+

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Sorry to miss you. We just returned from the Kitsap & Olympic Peninsulas. Do I take it from the pics that you've traded your Cherokee for a JGC (obviously the Commander remains in charge)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Yeah, the Cherokee was replaced by the Grand Cherokee. There were many reasons I made that decision.

It's too bad you're not going to be out that way!

Of course the Commander is in charge! That's what a Commander does, it commands!

Reactions: RainGoat

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Saw the Trailhawk on your WBDR You Tube. As an FYI, if you Commander is the hemi from ~2005-09 look up the issue with the valve seat dropping. We just lost a 2006 JGC Overlander at only 147K & immaculately maintained when the valve seat on #4 dropped. ~9K for a new engine or $4.5K for a rebuilt & they have the same problem! A tour through you tube will show you many sad men with their hemi vehicles (Chargers, etc.) that suffered a similar fate :(

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Saw the Trailhawk on your WBDR You Tube. As an FYI, if you Commander is the hemi from ~2005-09 look up the issue with the valve seat dropping. We just lost a 2006 JGC Overlander at only 147K & immaculately maintained when the valve seat on #4 dropped. ~9K for a new engine or $4.5K for a rebuilt & they have the same problem! A tour through you tube will show you many sad men with their hemi vehicles (Chargers, etc.) that suffered a similar fate :(
The Cherokee (KL) from the WA BDR trip is gone. Has been replaced with a Grand Cherokee (WK2). It can be seen in some of the more recent videos ;)

When you get the rebuilt/crate engines, they come with a new gasket that has a mesh in it. The mesh prevents a dropped valve from making its way down into the piston. That was a sad, sad day. That engine let the sad smoke out with only 105k on the odometer.

Reactions: RainGoat

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

That's good to know. My Mom's WK made her very happy but it's loss was an emotional & financial strain. Rails & a 2" lift made it a pretty competent vehicle. She & I both have done a lot of CO & UT with it! Unfortunately, it had developed some other notable problems so it is awaiting a sad end as either a donation or scrap : (

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk