J_Walker1977

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Walker
Hello all, long-time listener first-time caller.

Jason Walker Austin TX - I've been reading the forums for a good time now.

I've been an adventurist, survivalist, rock climber, and camping enthusiast all my life and have recently acquired the income to expand into Overlanding as another passion. I am an accomplished photographer and multi-media producer as well as just a general jack of all trades (ace of none). With a hotel and restaurant management degree, I absolutely LOVE to cook on an open fire and specialize in amazing campfire breakfasts!

I am running a 2016 F150 FX4 (6.5' bed, yes it's LOOOONG) with Rough Country 6" lift sitting on 35X13.5 RTV's. I've run jeeps and rovers on high-level trails in the past, but am now running a do-it-all for both work and pleasure. Bed Rack, cargo rack, pressurized solar water system, traction boards, etc... My better half (Jenn) and I do mostly more than one-night camping and run a ground tent vs the (seemingly of late) more popular RTT's... this works best for us as I very often leave pre-dawn to take sunrise photos while Jenn stays at camp.

upcoming mods/additions include electric cooler, winch, and FINALLY making a decision about an awning.

Looking forward to the Nov meet up in Round Rock to get to know some more of ya'll!

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

I've been an adventurist, survivalist, rock climber, and camping enthusiast all my life and have recently acquired the income to expand into Overlanding as another passion. I am an accomplished photographer and multi-media producer as well as just a general jack of all trades (ace of none). With a hotel and restaurant management degree, I absolutely LOVE to cook on an open fire and specialize in amazing campfire breakfasts!

I am running a 2016 F150 FX4 (6.5' bed, yes it's LOOOONG) with Rough Country 6" lift sitting on 35X13.5 RTV's. I've run jeeps and rovers on high-level trails in the past, but am now running a do-it-all for both work and pleasure. Bed Rack, cargo rack, pressurized solar water system, traction boards, etc... My better half (Jenn) and I do mostly more than one-night camping and run a ground tent vs the (seemingly of late) more popular RTT's... this works best for us as I very often leave pre-dawn to take sunrise photos while Jenn stays at camp.

upcoming mods/additions include electric cooler, winch, and FINALLY making a decision about an awning.

Looking forward to the Nov meet up in Round Rock to get to know some more of ya'll!
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you join us.

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Jason & Jenn (@J_Walker1977 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you have a nice rig already. Don't worry about the RTT thing, we run a ground tent as well because space!!

We have a local monthly meet up in Round Rock the first Saturday of the month: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet Hope to see you there.

There is also a San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Threat_Leveled_Midnight

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Linsey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a

Welcome! It'll be nice seeing some more Fords out there!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Jason
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your TX Member Representative is @Roots66, I see has already reached out above. Don't hesitate to contact him for local information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: roots66