Hi there!

• HTML tutorial

Gran Viaje

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Zurich
Hi all!
Let me quickly introduce myself. I am from Zurich, Switzerland and will ship my rig in April to Halifax. From there I'll start a trip through the United States, Central America and South America (following more or less the "Panamericana"). I will travel mostly alone thus I am looking for like-minded people for some off-road trips and for having a good time. I have a B2 visa and plan to spend most of the six months on the west-coast (if Trump will let me in...) before heading to Mexico in October (then again, I hope the "wall" will be open to leave ;).
You can find more about my and my plans on my blog: www.granviaje.ch

I hope to meet some of you on and off the roads :)

-Ben

Reactions: Walteiro

Gran Viaje

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Zurich
But you forgot one of the most important things.. what is your Rig? :D would love to know and see.
A Land Rover Defender 110 from 2002. It has a 2.5l 5 cylinder turbo diesel engine and 200'000km. I bought it 5 years ago and got quite a few things done, the biggest addition is a pop top. After spending 2 weeks in Norway with a roof tent where it was raining more or less 7 days in a row I decided to go for the comfort option :D
There are still quite a few things on my to do list but and end is in sight and I think I'll be ready by the time it has to go into the container for shipping!

it used to look like this:

ps: i hope the pictures arent too big and are displayed correctly :)

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Welcome! That is one naughty Defender!!! Very clean and love the storage arrangement!

Walteiro

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weston, Florida
Member #

Great rig and awesome trip, just be careful of which routes are you taking in central america as well in mexico.
Godspeed brother

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gran Viaje

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Zurich
Currently in KC, waiting for some parts to fix a leaking water pump :D Anyway, moving on soon to Denver and the Rockys!