Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm maybe not even a member yet but I can introduce myself.

We live in the Netherlands but originally i come from sweden. There I have had a few jeeps and was a very active member our local off-road club.

I have some offroading experience but ovetlanding is new too me. I look forward too getting into this type of offroading.

At the moment I'm the proud owner of a 1999 Suzuki Jimny. No mods no nothing yet. Well see what happens further. I don't really have any plans or ideas yet either.

Cheers!
/Peter

Reactions: Kraut4x4

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Welcome to OB! Nice to have you here, and I look forward to hearing about your adventures, and hearing about your country. Must be beautiful over there for overlanding. Never heard of a Jimny, but I just did a quick search and it looks like a awesome rig.

If you need info, just ask, you won't find a better group of folks! :)

Reactions: PeterC

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome from Germany!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PeterC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Thanks guys!

The Jimny is THE smallest offroader in the world. But, I still hope to do some traveling around Europe with it. Maybe with a trailer it'll work out.

Vehicle tax in this country is very high so in my opinion (and budget) there aren't that many options. For a landcruiser you'll pay like 200 euro per month just tax. Then insurance and everything else.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Reactions: MrCoffee

Kraut4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Germany
First Name
Bernd
Last Name
xxx
Member #

Welcome to the club ...
Some of us will catch up at Abenteuer&Allrad in Bad Kissingen. You’re more than welcome to join!

Reactions: PeterC and MrCoffee

PeterC

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Duiven, Netherlands
First Name
Peter
Last Name
C
Member #

Welcome to the club ...
Some of us will catch up at Abenteuer&Allrad in Bad Kissingen. You’re more than welcome to join!

Hi,
Thanks for the tip!
I read about it. Would be nice. We'll see it's a bit of a drive and I don't really have the jimny in the best shape yet.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Thanks guys!

The Jimny is THE smallest offroader in the world. But, I still hope to do some traveling around Europe with it. Maybe with a trailer it'll work out.

Vehicle tax in this country is very high so in my opinion (and budget) there aren't that many options. For a landcruiser you'll pay like 200 euro per month just tax. Then insurance and everything else.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Taxes suck, I know!

Welcome to OB :)

PauldF

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Welcome from a Southern California new member! My eldest daughter is enjoying a semester abroad right now at the University of Amsterdam and we will be returning to see her and spend some time traveling on June 1st.