Rank III

Enthusiast II

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Martin
Member #

I just wanted to hop on here and join as a new member! I told myself I’d join one day and for some reason today (even I only had like $200 till I find a job) I was like let’s do it! For those of you who don’t know me which is probably most of you I am a travel vlogger who lived in his 1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ. It’s a little bit of a tight squeeze especially with my 4 year old husky named Kai but I love it! Recently everything crashed and burned.... and I mean literally! I drove off a rock head first into a 4 foot ditch in Moab and after realizing I can’t afford food and gas I drove to my old town in midland Texas for the holidays which ended up being a good call because the relay box caught on fire. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher and as of right now she is currently running once again! Although I currently have an incredible 12 Patreon supporters I do not currently make enough money for gas and food and have had to take a brake from my traveling to try and get a job so I can repair broken parts and have some savings before I head back to Colorado! I was lucky enough to go to the 4x4 expo on Moab a few months ago but aside from that I haven’t done much but I’m hoping being a member of this group I will get to meet more amazing people who share the same passion I do!

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Trevor welcome!
Any idea what caused the fire? and you are proof of why we all need a good extinguisher on our rigs, you could have been a total loss.....
Hope you find some temp work and get that baby back on the road...

I find your story interesting and would lo9ve to read more about it and the rebuild/Getting back on the road.

Jim

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just wanted to hop on here and join as a new member! I told myself I’d join one day and for some reason today (even I only had like $200 till I find a job) I was like let’s do it! For those of you who don’t know me which is probably most of you I am a travel vlogger who lived in his 1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ. It’s a little bit of a tight squeeze especially with my 4 year old husky named Kai but I love it! Recently everything crashed and burned.... and I mean literally! I drove off a rock head first into a 4 foot ditch in Moab and after realizing I can’t afford food and gas I drove to my old town in midland Texas for the holidays which ended up being a good call because the relay box caught on fire. Luckily I had a fire extinguisher and as of right now she is currently running once again! Although I currently have an incredible 12 Patreon supporters I do not currently make enough money for gas and food and have had to take a brake from my traveling to try and get a job so I can repair broken parts and have some savings before I head back to Colorado! I was lucky enough to go to the 4x4 expo on Moab a few months ago but aside from that I haven’t done much but I’m hoping being a member of this group I will get to meet more amazing people who share the same passion I do!
Welcome to Overland Bound Trevor
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @USStrongman & @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course