Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hello OB Community... I've been a member for a few weeks, and figure it's past time I introduce myself!

My name is Mike, and I'm a native of Southern California. Growing up here, I did a lot of backpacking in the Sierras with my dad & brother, and still love to hike and camp whenever I can. I am now working to pass this love of the outdoors on to my 2 kids (ages 8 and 4) and hope to do more and more off-grid adventures in the coming years.

My "rig" is a '17 Lexus GX460.... not exactly a rock crawler, but does just fine on dirt roads and in the snow.
I've upgraded the tires to Nitto Terra Grappler G2s, and am slowly adding tools, recovery gear and first aid supplies. Someday I hope to upgrade the suspension and add a few inches to ground clearance, along with a few other mods to address the approach, departure and break-over. But for now, I am going to ride out the extended warranty and carefully test the stock truck's limits.

Here's the GX last weekend in Joshua Tree at Jumbo Rocks:

Looking forward to learning more and getting inspired by all the members here on the forums, and hopefully meeting a few of you at local gatherings or out in the wild!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community... I've been a member for a few weeks, and figure it's past time I introduce myself!

My name is Mike, and I'm a native of Southern California. Growing up here, I did a lot of backpacking in the Sierras with my dad & brother, and still love to hike and camp whenever I can. I am now working to pass this love of the outdoors on to my 2 kids (ages 8 and 4) and hope to do more and more off-grid adventures in the coming years.

My "rig" is a '17 Lexus GX460.... not exactly a rock crawler, but does just fine on dirt roads and in the snow.
I've upgraded the tires to Nitto Terra Grappler G2s, and am slowly adding tools, recovery gear and first aid supplies. Someday I hope to upgrade the suspension and add a few inches to ground clearance, along with a few other mods to address the approach, departure and break-over. But for now, I am going to ride out the extended warranty and carefully test the stock truck's limits.

Looking forward to learning more and getting inspired by all the members here on the forums, and hopefully meeting a few of you at local gatherings or out in the wild!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: SoCalGX

SoCalGX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/
Thanks for the links and info Kent!
Still finding my way around the site/forums and any tips are appreciated.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A

Hi Mike, welcome to OB.
There’s a reoccurring meetup in the SFV you might be interested in. It’s the 4th Saturday of the month, you can find more details on the meetup thread. This month we will be discussing recovery tools, hope to see you there. Feel free to reach out to me anytime @Narbob.

Front Runner Outfitters
29370 Roadside Dr, Agoura Hills, CA 91301

SoCalGX

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Hi Mike, welcome to OB.
There’s a reoccurring meetup in the SFV you might be interested in. It’s the 4th Saturday of the month, you can find more details on the meetup thread. This month we will be discussing recovery tools, hope to see you there. Feel free to reach out to me anytime @Narbob.

Front Runner Outfitters
29370 Roadside Dr, Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Thanks Narbob! I’d recently heard about the SFV meetup from a friend, but couldn’t go last month. I’m hoping I can make this month’s gathering and look forward to the recovery tips.

Reactions: Narbob

RXV_POOR

Rank 0

Traveler I

Antigua
Welcome from Antigua and I like your Lexus Land Crusher. I want one myself. I'm looking forward to see what you like and dislike about it off road.

Jeemiester

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sun Valley, CA
Member #

Welcome to Overlanding Mike! I'm new to overlanding my self and still working on gathering equipments! Hope to see you on trail on day!