Rank I

Contributor III

Strasbourg, France
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Meszaro
Hi Everyone,
I'm an Expat American living in Europe. It was actually my wife who infected me with the overlanding bug, though I've always been a car nut - both on and off road. Before meeting my wife, it was just all about going fast - both on and off road. :tonguewink:

We've travelled trough a large part of southern Europe and into northern Africa and Asia minor. We had plans for years to drive to South Africa sometime around 2020, but with the way the political situation in the Middle East and Saharan Africa is at the moment, that doesn't seem likely.

As far as vehicles go, I have become a bit of a Land Rover (Range Rover, actually) nut while living here. Our travel car is a 2002 Range Rover TD6 (L322 3rd gen - they were introduced here one year earlier than in the US).

Looking forward to (virtually) meeting y'all.

Last edited:

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Welcome. Keep an eye on the rally point events for Europe as we have a few events coming up with more planned in the future. Also don't forget we have Facebook pages for a few of the Europe regions where you will be welcomed and is good for social chat and getting to know members.