Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Hi everyone, look forward to meeting up with some of you on the next event, just signed up a few minutes ago and can’t wait to get out there and explore. Me and the wife have been camping for years and off-roading as well so it’s awesome to find others that are like minded. EC27FBC1-F7F2-43D6-92F3-DF48FA7842B3.jpegF14065E7-4CC8-410C-8637-4002BAB8A882.jpegE453CE4E-25CA-42DF-AF3D-A2CF958FC5A3.jpeg476B839D-2D40-48F9-9E8A-BA24CA912D63.jpeg

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Welcome to the group man! I’m semi new to this. It’s not as active as I thought it would be. But the idea behind it is awesome! What are some trails near Coachella valley you like doing! Your rig looks dope. Props to you for taking the doggos out too! I’d be down for a Anza Borrego run if you’re down! Views are amazing there.

Attachments

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Hey what’s up! Another black Jeep, love the snorkel, was looking at that exact one(AEV right?) with the prefilter, looks great! I’ve only ever been to Anza once but only to truckhaven not on any other trails so I’m up for a trip out there now that the weathers turned good. I’ve done Meccacopia, Pinkham Canyon, Thomas mountain trail and part of Berdoo Canyon.

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Dude get it!!! This snorkel is amazing. Installed it in February and I’ve had a dry filter on the car since then. Finally popped open the air box a couple of weeks ago and I was tripping out on how damn clean it was! It’s like brand new still. It’s insane! Definitely a good buy. I’ve never heard of truck haven. Anza is one of those places you can spend more than a week exploring, it’s endless! I’ve only been around fish creek wash and sandstone Canyon. I’d be down to plan a meet up! I can’t say I’ve met a lot of people here in San Diego. This guy named frank does a meet up in Laguna Hills called rigs n coffee, well it’s called Rigged for Dirt OC! rfd_oc on IG. They have a really dope podcast, they share so much information and encourage people to go out more, been wanting to make it out to a meet up but I always have something to do. Check them out! 1st Saturday of the month

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Dude get it!!! This snorkel is amazing. Installed it in February and I’ve had a dry filter on the car since then. Finally popped open the air box a couple of weeks ago and I was tripping out on how damn clean it was! It’s like brand new still. It’s insane! Definitely a good buy. I’ve never heard of truck haven. Anza is one of those places you can spend more than a week exploring, it’s endless! I’ve only been around fish creek wash and sandstone Canyon. I’d be down to plan a meet up! I can’t say I’ve met a lot of people here in San Diego. This guy named frank does a meet up in Laguna Hills called rigs n coffee, well it’s called Rigged for Dirt OC! rfd_oc on IG. They have a really dope podcast, they share so much information and encourage people to go out more, been wanting to make it out to a meet up but I always have something to do. Check them out! 1st Saturday of the month
Yea I’m def set on it, recently picked up the AEV tire swing so after that I’m sold on AEV products being worth the $$$. The prefilter for sure seems like it would save my engine from the sandstorms we get out here pretty often. I’ll be Down to meet up there and do some trails, not looking to do anything too hardcore cause it’s my daily driver but exploring some of the trails sounds fun, I want to go see the pumpkin patch and maybe pinyon mountain especially. I have a weird work schedule sometimes so it’s unlikely I’d be able to make those monthly Saturday meetups but I’ll look up there podcast for sure, I’ve been blowing through the overland bound one real fast.

Reactions: Jon182

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Yea I’m def set on it, recently picked up the AEV tire swing so after that I’m sold on AEV products being worth the $$$. The prefilter for sure seems like it would save my engine from the sandstorms we get out here pretty often. I’ll be Down to meet up there and do some trails, not looking to do anything too hardcore cause it’s my daily driver but exploring some of the trails sounds fun, I want to go see the pumpkin patch and maybe pinyon mountain especially. I have a weird work schedule sometimes so it’s unlikely I’d be able to make those monthly Saturday meetups but I’ll look up there podcast for sure, I’ve been blowing through the overland bound one real fast.
Yeah man let me know! I’m on instagram as achillesoverland. I’m super down to do pinyon mountain. Get us that badge of honor! I’d rather take someone who knows that trail though cuz there’s a steep drop off that looks super sketch. Don’t worry my rig is my daily too. Right now I’ve been kind of fighting with a shimmy in the steering wheel, I’ve been checking things off slowly like the drag link, and now the track bar. Next up is the tie rod and control arms! I’m always off the weekends so let’s do it!

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Yeah man let me know! I’m on instagram as achillesoverland. I’m super down to do pinyon mountain. Get us that badge of honor! I’d rather take someone who knows that trail though cuz there’s a steep drop off that looks super sketch. Don’t worry my rig is my daily too. Right now I’ve been kind of fighting with a shimmy in the steering wheel, I’ve been checking things off slowly like the drag link, and now the track bar. Next up is the tie rod and control arms! I’m always off the weekends so let’s do it!
Yup that’s exactly why I want to go to Pinyon, only have a few on my Jeep and the other 2 on orderIMG_0286.JPG

What size tires are you running? I have a similar issue but installed a Bilstien 5100 steering stabilizer and it made a giant improvement(mine is like a slight steering wheel wobble). It was an easy install and looks great, good price on amazon for it. I’ll shoot you a message and we can coordinate sometime later on in the month of October, I have a trip with some work friends up to coyote flats Oct 18-20 so once I get back from that I should be able to find a Saturday free.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi everyone, look forward to meeting up with some of you on the next event, just signed up a few minutes ago and can’t wait to get out there and explore. Me and the wife have been camping for years and off-roading as well so it’s awesome to find others that are like minded. View attachment 119537View attachment 119538View attachment 119539View attachment 119540
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Dominic OB0158 , or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Yup that’s exactly why I want to go to Pinyon, only have a few on my Jeep and the other 2 on orderView attachment 119649

What size tires are you running? I have a similar issue but installed a Bilstien 5100 steering stabilizer and it made a giant improvement(mine is like a slight steering wheel wobble). It was an easy install and looks great, good price on amazon for it. I’ll shoot you a message and we can coordinate sometime later on in the month of October, I have a trip with some work friends up to coyote flats Oct 18-20 so once I get back from that I should be able to find a Saturday free.
I’m running 295/70r17 Toyo mud terrains! It’s been a pain man, I like the setup all except that little shimmy and unsteadiness. I’m also running a 2.5 teraflex lift kit. This car is my daily too so don’t worry I ain’t trying to mess it up! Dude you have two badge of honors! I don’t have any [emoji23] my first badge I’m aiming for is pinyon forsure since it’s closer. How was Gold Mountain in Big Bear?! I went to try to do part of Heartbreak ridge over there but I didn’t get around to it. I was out by myself and I didn’t wanna risk getting stuck on my own

Jon182

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Rangel
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested great group of people. https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Dominic OB0158 , or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob
Narbob, it’s nice meeting you man! Thanks for the information. I’m still getting used to navigating Overland Bound forums.

Reactions: Narbob

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups

Thank you so much, definitely going to attend the next IE meetup, loving the community so far.

Reactions: Narbob

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

I’m running 295/70r17 Toyo mud terrains! It’s been a pain man, I like the setup all except that little shimmy and unsteadiness. I’m also running a 2.5 teraflex lift kit. This car is my daily too so don’t worry I ain’t trying to mess it up! Dude you have two badge of honors! I don’t have any [emoji23] my first badge I’m aiming for is pinyon forsure since it’s closer. How was Gold Mountain in Big Bear?! I went to try to do part of Heartbreak ridge over there but I didn’t get around to it. I was out by myself and I didn’t wanna risk getting stuck on my own
Nice, the Toyos are good tires from what my buddy tells me, it’s funny I also have the Terraflex 2.5 inch lift, I like it quite a bit, maybe down the road I want to replace the shocks...lol to be fair I only did part of gold mountain but Holcomb creek is really fun, def went to go in a group tho incase of something going wrong. We can earn pinyon for sure tho, I actually just met a guy today at Azusa Canyon OHV and he’s an overland bound member too, I directed him towards this thread so that’s another one we got in for it.

cesarbosch97

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Bosch
Member #

Yo, i'd be down to hit this trail with you guys if its not too extreme, im trying to get use to my jeep since its my first one, mostly stock and daily driver lol any idea when yall want to do it?

Attachments

DesertTraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

Yo, i'd be down to hit this trail with you guys if its not too extreme, im trying to get use to my jeep since its my first one, mostly stock and daily driver lol any idea when yall want to do it?
We don’t have to do any of the crazy stuff this time, look up Anza Borrego State park 4x4 trails so you can get a feel of what’s there, really cool desert environment, I’d prob wait a couple more weeks tho till it cools down a bit more, it’s like low 90s right now but by mid October it will drop to like 70s during daytime.

cesarbosch97

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Tampa, FL, USA
First Name
Victor
Last Name
Bosch
Member #

We don’t have to do any of the crazy stuff this time, look up Anza Borrego State park 4x4 trails so you can get a feel of what’s there, really cool desert environment, I’d prob wait a couple more weeks tho till it cools down a bit more, it’s like low 90s right now but by mid October it will drop to like 70s during daytime.
that sounds great it will def be more enjoyable on those temps. ill check it out on youtube and whenever yall ready hit me up my IG is @Cubansailor

Carloz71

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

California, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Valadez
Nice! What kinda rig you got?
Well i wouldnt really call it a rig yet lol. I just got a 2019 chevy Colorado 4x4 with the intent of using it for overlanding and as the family vehicle. So far the only mods was change the lights. Removing the air dam and adding rocksliders and some cosmetic changes. Still planning on changing the suspension bigger tires and adding a rack and roof top tent.