Hi from Canada!!

• HTML tutorial

Green hammock

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi! I am from Montreal, province of Québec, in Canada.

Last year, i did an awesome 16500 Miles Roadtrip, in the United States, with my girlfriend. We never camped before, didn't own a tent or any camping stuff. We built a wooden bed frame in the back of our 2012 Toyota Rav4, bought some sleeping bags and a camping stove and we left for three months and a half. From the East cost down to Key West to the West coast up to Oregon, we explored as much National parks as possible.

Before leaving for the trip, i discovered Expedition Overland on Youtube and fell in love with overlanding, even if i never went overlanding. We camped every time we could in the great nature and fell in love with the camping/overlanding lifestyle.

Now preparing a real overlanding trip, in Canada this time, i am happy to be part of this forum/community. I am pretty sure i'll have some questions for you guys, so we'll meet somewhere on the forum and i hope we meet somewhere out there.

Math.Sedona2017.jpg
Sedona 2017
Death Valley 2017.JPG
Death Valley 2017

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Last year, i did an awesome 16500 Miles Roadtrip, in the United States, with my girlfriend. We never camped before, didn't own a tent or any camping stuff. We built a wooden bed frame in the back of our 2012 Toyota Rav4, bought some sleeping bags and a camping stove and we left for three months and a half. From the East cost down to Key West to the West coast up to Oregon, we explored as much National parks as possible.

Before leaving for the trip, i discovered Expedition Overland on Youtube and fell in love with overlanding, even if i never went overlanding. We camped every time we could in the great nature and fell in love with the camping/overlanding lifestyle.

Now preparing a real overlanding trip, in Canada this time, i am happy to be part of this forum/community. I am pretty sure i'll have some questions for you guys, so we'll meet somewhere on the forum and i hope we meet somewhere out there.

Math.View attachment 35679
Sedona 2017
View attachment 35681
Death Valley 2017
Hello Green and welcome to OB! Nice rig! WOW, 16,500 mile trip which sounds awesome! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. You definitely have the Overlanding spirit. Enjoy your edventures.

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! Your trip across the US sounds like it was fun, and definitely counts as a real overland trip!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Sedona 2017
View attachment 35681
Death Valley 2017
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...talk about diving in head first...way to go...cant wait to see more of your adventures

Beans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kennebunkport, ME
Member #

Sedona 2017
View attachment 35681
Death Valley 2017
Welcome! I am in Maine but go to Quebec often for work. I have been noticing some 4x4 looking trails along main roads like autoroute 10. Do you know any thing about these roads? I am hoping to do an overland tour of Quebec, Labrador, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick in the next few years. I have a kiddo on the way so we will see how that pans out!

Green hammock

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome! I am in Maine but go to Quebec often for work. I have been noticing some 4x4 looking trails along main roads like autoroute 10. Do you know any thing about these roads? I am hoping to do an overland tour of Quebec, Labrador, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick in the next few years. I have a kiddo on the way so we will see how that pans out!
Seriously, i am kinda new to off-roading and 4x4 trails here in Quebec, i did some easy ones in the states during my trip, but down there some trails are just waiting for you and they're even maintained sometimes, if i am not mistaking!

So i could not tell you if those roads you see are private roads for farmers and things like that. But i know that we have a lot of backcountry roads more north in the province and in Gaspésie and the region we call "Côte Nord" north-east of the St-Lawrence river. When my girlfriend and I will plan the east coast part of our Canada trip, we'll look for roads like that and when we find, we'll let you know.

Just like you this is one of the parts of Canada that we are really stoked about for the trip. Your trip is gonna be awesome i'm pretty sure.

Reactions: Beans

Beans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kennebunkport, ME
Member #

Seriously, i am kinda new to off-roading and 4x4 trails here in Quebec, i did some easy ones in the states during my trip, but down there some trails are just waiting for you and they're even maintained sometimes, if i am not mistaking!

So i could not tell you if those roads you see are private roads for farmers and things like that. But i know that we have a lot of backcountry roads more north in the province and in Gaspésie and the region we call "Côte Nord" north-east of the St-Lawrence river. When my girlfriend and I will plan the east coast part of our Canada trip, we'll look for roads like that and when we find, we'll let you know.

Just like you this is one of the parts of Canada that we are really stoked about for the trip. Your trip is gonna be awesome i'm pretty sure.
I would certainly appreciate an update in the future. It's such a cool and vast area up there!

Green hammock

Rank 0

Traveler I

I would certainly appreciate an update in the future. It's such a cool and vast area up there!
Hey Beans,

my girlfriend was looking on the internet, to start planning our next big trip in Canada, and she found this website : gravltravel.ca. It seems to be used mostly by motorcyclist, but what's good for them is good for us! some of the routes seems very nice.

Check it out.

Math.

Reactions: Beans

Beans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kennebunkport, ME
Member #

I have discovered gravel travel as well and am currently planning a swisha loop run with some other guys in the second half of 2018! Thanks for the tip.

Hey Beans,

my girlfriend was looking on the internet, to start planning our next big trip in Canada, and she found this website : gravltravel.ca. It seems to be used mostly by motorcyclist, but what's good for them is good for us! some of the routes seems very nice.

Check it out.

Math.

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
We

Sedona 2017
View attachment 35681
Death Valley 2017
lcome to Overland Bound!
Hope to hear more about yor amazing adventures!

Reactions: Elena Grace