Foudufafa

Rank 0

Contributor I

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Fink
Hi everyone and thank you for welcoming me in your community. I have been lurking around this and other overlanding forums for a while now. What made me decide to join is my imminent extended road trip plan that is about to start on October 1st.

Anyway, about me:

Rig: 2017 Land Cruiser almost done being outfitted for stealth camping. Storage/Sleep platform in the back, water pump, portable power, compressor, fridge, etc...

Me: mid-50s, novice at overlanding. I have done some weekend camping but that doesn't really count as experience

Plans: at least 2 months full time road trip, starting 10/1/21, visiting national parks around the US. I'll start with Yelowstone before roads close, then head south to CO, UT, AZ, NM, then back up CA.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone and thank you for welcoming me in your community. I have been lurking around this and other overlanding forums for a while now. What made me decide to join is my imminent extended road trip plan that is about to start on October 1st.

Anyway, about me:

Rig: 2017 Land Cruiser almost done being outfitted for stealth camping. Storage/Sleep platform in the back, water pump, portable power, compressor, fridge, etc...

Me: mid-50s, novice at overlanding. I have done some weekend camping but that doesn't really count as experience

Plans: at least 2 months full time road trip, starting 10/1/21, visiting national parks around the US. I'll start with Yelowstone before roads close, then head south to CO, UT, AZ, NM, then back up CA.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT

Anyway, about me:

Welcome!

Reactions: Foudufafa

TwoRoadsOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

Welcome from Long Island, NY! I did a similar extended cross-country trip a few years and can't wait for the next one! I misjudged the expected weather in AZ, NM, and TX thinking October and November would be warmer. Definitely pack warm for when those temps drop in the evening :)

Reactions: Foudufafa