Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Good day everyone! I'm another new guy who has been following OB on youtube for quite some time. I go by many names, but Jimmy is probably the most used when trying to get my attention, and I'm south of Oklahoma City.

I was heavily into off roading when I was a pup, and then I sidelined it in favor of a career and providing for the family. Now that things are on the downhill slide there, I am wanting to turn back to nature, and my life experience has taught me that the overlanding route has the most appeal to me.

As I mentioned, I was into off roading when I was younger, and the state of my project rig is the result of being young, dumb, impatient, and a whole bunch of other descriptive words to reflect how I tore a great vehicle up. It's a 1985 Jeep CJ7, and was a renegade edition, that I bought used as my first car. It was in excellent condition when I got it, not so much now. I have other vehicles to get me away from the blacktop while I get it ready for a trip I have planned with my wife. I just hope I'm up to the task of the resurrection.

Now's a good time for a couple of older pictures...

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi, Jimmy! Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Jimmy P

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Good day everyone! I'm another new guy who has been following OB on youtube for quite some time. I go by many names, but Jimmy is probably the most used when trying to get my attention, and I'm south of Oklahoma City.

I was heavily into off roading when I was a pup, and then I sidelined it in favor of a career and providing for the family. Now that things are on the downhill slide there, I am wanting to turn back to nature, and my life experience has taught me that the overlanding route has the most appeal to me.

As I mentioned, I was into off roading when I was younger, and the state of my project rig is the result of being young, dumb, impatient, and a whole bunch of other descriptive words to reflect how I tore a great vehicle up. It's a 1985 Jeep CJ7, and was a renegade edition, that I bought used as my first car. It was in excellent condition when I got it, not so much now. I have other vehicles to get me away from the blacktop while I get it ready for a trip I have planned with my wife. I just hope I'm up to the task of the resurrection.

Now's a good time for a couple of older pictures...

Hi, Jimmy and welcome to OB! Nice CJ7! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Welcome Jimmy!! Appreciate all the "Likes" and support from you!! At my current age of 34, I will say I still make "young and dumb" mistakes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It's all part of the live and learn and never do that shit again circle of life. Haha!! Anywho, welcome!!

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Welcome Jimmy!! Appreciate all the "Likes" and support from you!! At my current age of 34, I will say I still make "young and dumb" mistakes :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It's all part of the live and learn and never do that shit again circle of life. Haha!! Anywho, welcome!!
So true! I still make plenty of those mistakes, they're just new ones. I "learn the hard way" apparently. :smile:

No problem for the likes. Your jeep rocks, and you give me plenty of inspiration as I readdress my own setup.

Keep on posting the awesomeness!

Reactions: Daniel Diaz

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
Welcome from Arkansas! If you ever go east give me a shout! I don't mind hanging with Jeep guys. lol
You yota guys aren't so bad yourselves :smile: I'm hoping to be ready for some trips shortly after the new year. There's a post about the K-Trail, which I hope to hit up, and I'm also hoping to get back out to the Superlift offroad park. I have fond memories of being out there.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

You yota guys aren't so bad yourselves :smile: I'm hoping to be ready for some trips shortly after the new year. There's a post about the K-Trail, which I hope to hit up, and I'm also hoping to get back out to the Superlift offroad park. I have fond memories of being out there.
I am intrigued by the K-trail as well. so much debate about it being open or closed. Who really knows? lol