Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning everyone

Just got to San Diego last year. Since them I’ve building my rig getting it ready to do something fun. Lol.

Dan
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

S

SubeeBen

Yes, it’s about 30 mins of downtown SD. Great place to live.
Well 40 minutes east if your doing the speed limit. But realistically who does that.
It is a great place to live, have Starbucks but still country living, to other people’s standards. Alpine is still to city like for me ha ha. Use to be country until the early 80’s when ALL the developers bought land & built homes on top of homes.good old days were no stop lights now there everywhere

GSCS Lynn Daniel

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego, California
Member #

Well 40 minutes east if your doing the speed limit. But realistically who does that.
It is a great place to live, have Starbucks but still country living, to other people’s standards. Alpine is still to city like for me ha ha. Use to be country until the early 80’s when ALL the developers bought land & built homes on top of homes.good old days were no stop lights now there everywhere

S

SubeeBen

No places to camp in alpine but another 20 min drive past alpine are LaGuardia mountains & Cuyamaca mountains with multiple campgrounds both private, state & federal campgrounds. As well as Cleveland national forest which you can get primitive camp permits I believe for free. Pm me if you need any help.

Reactions: GSCS Lynn Daniel

SoCalFJZ80

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntington Beach
Member #

No places to camp in alpine but another 20 min drive past alpine are LaGuardia mountains & Cuyamaca mountains with multiple campgrounds both private, state & federal campgrounds. As well as Cleveland national forest which you can get primitive camp permits I believe for free. Pm me if you need any help.
Laguna [emoji8].

Go check out Lake Cuymaca and the camp grounds there as well nice area.

Reactions: GSCS Lynn Daniel