Hey from Dallas

• HTML tutorial

Ivan Solis

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
What's up ya'll from Dallas TX. I've been creeping around here for a week and thought I'd take the next step and say whats up! I bought the truck I've always wanted a year ago as a vacation car for my girlfriend and son, and since then the fam and I have been to 6 national parks, and have hiked upwards of probably 50 miles.

I have a 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71, pretty much stock. The hiking thing has really taken off for us in terms of experience and gear. Then I found the overland community. I'm realizing now that silverado's don't seem to be extremely popular in the overlanding world but I'd like to dive into it, and see what I can do. We loaded the Z up with coolers, gas cans and other stuff I think overland rigs take but in a less practical and more cumbersome form, and headed to Big Bend Texas last year where the truck did great on a primitive road that on stock road tires (once, two off the ground), although I was sweating bullets the whole way.

anyway excited to start modding this thing! and trying to find that fine line between daily driver and overlander lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Welcome from GA! Nice Chevy, I like Generous Motors myself. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people on here. I’ve also recently joined and have already reaped the benefits. Safe travels!

Reactions: Ivan Solis

Gryf

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vallejo, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Weber
Member #

Welcome aboard!

We're Dallas transplants to Las Vegas. Give a yell if you ever come out our way and want some Texas hospitality :)

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

What's up ya'll from Dallas TX. I've been creeping around here for a week and thought I'd take the next step and say whats up! I bought the truck I've always wanted a year ago as a vacation car for my girlfriend and son, and since then the fam and I have been to 6 national parks, and have hiked upwards of probably 50 miles.

I have a 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71, pretty much stock. The hiking thing has really taken off for us in terms of experience and gear. Then I found the overland community. I'm realizing now that silverado's don't seem to be extremely popular in the overlanding world but I'd like to dive into it, and see what I can do. We loaded the Z up with coolers, gas cans and other stuff I think overland rigs take but in a less practical and more cumbersome form, and headed to Big Bend Texas last year where the truck did great on a primitive road that on stock road tires (once, two off the ground), although I was sweating bullets the whole way.

anyway excited to start modding this thing! and trying to find that fine line between daily driver and overlander lol
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking rig...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: LoneStarFlatLanders

Twinbulls

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Dallas Texas
Member #

Welcome
Run what ya brung ...
hooking up with like minded people is always a good thing .

Iam in McKinney

The addiction is real ..

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Welcome from Arlington. Also a Foolsize operator.