TkMeWest

Rank 0

Contributor I

Michigan
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Schlecht
Hi, I'm new here and really look forward to joining the community. I live in metro-Detroit area of Michigan, but was born and raised in Colorado and miss it out west more than anything (hence my username lol). I'm a long time lurker of all forums of whatever I'm currently into, but have not engaged much in the past. Hope to change that and actually gain some valuable insight and knowledge from everybody here and maybe find some people in my area to go exploring with in the future :)

I'm sadly currently rig-less, which is part of the reason I'm here. I'm trying to decide on my next rig, but I'll ask a more specific question related to that in the general discussion. My only real previous rig was a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with a mild lift and 33s. My favorite trips in that were to Drummond Island in Michigan's UP, and out to Colorado to wheel with an old friend in his ZJ. Oh, and the wedding getaway vehicle was a great memory too :) After that I got on the Dave Ramsey train and decided I never wanted to have a vehicle payment again, which has been a phenomenal personal decision and great for my family. I then bought a 2000 TJ, and later on a 2006 Tundra DC - I ended up keeping both for less than a couple months due to unforeseen frame rust issues. I was new to buying used cars in the rust belt, but have learned that lesson the hard way. After the Tundra we got my wife a nice lightly used Ford Escape for her daily while I plug along in my old beater Civic (when I'm not driving a work vehicle, which is quite often), and have been saving since then for our next rig. We just gave birth to our second child, and plan on being done now. I'm very excited to finally get a new rig in the coming months to start working on and taking on adventures again!

Attachments