Here is the recipe that demands you own an dutch oven! ( maybe that is a bit of a stretch...)

• HTML tutorial

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder III

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Good morning all-the new video went up and it is a really tasty camp dessert that couldn't be easier. I'm sure that there are a ton of different versions of this amongst the group here and I would love to hear your favorite recipes for this simple dish so share away!

Reactions: Jdsint and grubworm

Jdsint

Rank V

Creator III

90 New Jersey Highway 94, Vernon, New Jersey 07462, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
S
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2ZBE
Good morning all-the new video went up and it is a really tasty camp dessert that couldn't be easier. I'm sure that there are a ton of different versions of this amongst the group here and I would love to hear your favorite recipes for this simple dish so share away!

Never tried to bake like that in the old number 12. Great video my friend, you have taken campfire coffee after dinner to a new level.

Attachments

OVRLND-Vegas

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas
First Name
Jerel
Last Name
Howell
We would make dump cake almost every camping trip when I was in Boy Scouts. I've only made it once as an adult but it is the reason I own a dutch oven.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

When camping, we really enjoy making desert in a Dutch oven and have found it to be a great way to meet our neighbors. Our “go to” is a peach cobbler. Line the oven with parchment paper. Pour in three twenty one ounce cans of Lucky Leaf peach pie filling. Cover peaches with one box of Betty Crocker yellow cake mix. Do not stir. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon to taste over the cake mix. Cut one stick of butter into thin patties and layer over the cake mix. Cover and bake until filling is bubbling through the cake mix and the sugar has begun to caramelize (0ne hour +/-). Sixteen briquettes on top and twelve beneath, rotating lid one quarter turn clockwise and oven one quarter turn counter clockwise every fifteen minutes. Top with vanilla ice cream when serving. Usually requires very little cleanup as the oven is often scraped clean. When in season, we may add a cup or two of fresh blueberries.

Reactions: Ragman