Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Pulley
Member #

Hi all, name is Chris. I work as a Mechanic/Installer at a truck shop here in Austin. After building and tracking racecars for more than a few years I'm just getting into 4-wheeling and Overlanding with my 2006 Nissan Frontier. I've rebuilt and upgraded the suspension with a full Dobinsons kit, added a bit of armor, a little lighting and off I go.

I've done a little light rock crawling at a local off-road park and a put couple trips down the Hill Country Expedition Route under my belt as shake down runs. With the (hopefully) soon addition of a camper shell I am planning a trip through New Mexico and Arizona in late September and come springtime - Colorado and Utah.

IMG_20190608_131742713.jpgIMG_20190608_133209940.jpgIMG_20190608_141041509.jpgIMG_20190512_143748289.jpgIMG_20190512_153621645.jpgIMG_20190512_134813058.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all, name is Chris. I work as a Mechanic/Installer at a truck shop here in Austin. After building and tracking racecars for more than a few years I'm just getting into 4-wheeling and Overlanding with my 2006 Nissan Frontier. I've rebuilt and upgraded the suspension with a full Dobinsons kit, added a bit of armor, a little lighting and off I go.

I've done a little light rock crawling at a local off-road park and a put couple trips down the Hill Country Expedition Route under my belt as shake down runs. With the (hopefully) soon addition of a camper shell I am planning a trip through New Mexico and Arizona in late September and come springtime - Colorado and Utah.

View attachment 105844View attachment 105845View attachment 105849View attachment 105850View attachment 105851View attachment 105852
Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew....nice rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Christopher P

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Pulley
Member #

Thanks. Look forward to getting to know folks here and using the site resources for adventure planning,

Reactions: Tray

TahoeTime

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Zephyr Cove, Nevada 89448, United States
First Name
GregAndJulianna
Last Name
W
Member #

Welcome! We are also new to Overland Bound. We are also planning for a camper shell on our RAM. It will be great to see what route you take on yours. You have some great trips planned!

Christopher P

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Pulley
Member #

Welcome! We are also new to Overland Bound. We are also planning for a camper shell on our RAM. It will be great to see what route you take on yours. You have some great trips planned!
Hi. I think I've already made my decision as A.R.E has come up with a near perfect (in my case) for Overland Travel camper shell. I do wish they had their own version of the cab-to-camper sliding window gasket like with Snugtop, but as I said - near perfect.

ARE_8749127w.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
* these pictures belong to A.R.E

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Welcome! Nice rig looking forward to seeing you out on the trails one day or at a meet up

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Christopher (@Christopher P ), welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking truck you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Christopher P

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Pulley
Member #

Hello Christopher (@Christopher P ), welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking truck you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Thanks. I'll take a look.

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
Hey, Chris, WELCOME! Please consider coming to the meetup this coming Saturday (6th).

Dennis

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from just north of you in Georgetown. Hope to see this Sat.