Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If the spare is the problem pull it out and set it as far from the vehicle as possible, chevys can be similar when you reset them, also don't park near any other vehicle with tpms sensors when doing the reset you can have similar issues as the spare if it picks up the other vehicle tpms.

Go to just about any tire shop they will do it somewhere between free and $25 if you can't figure it out.

Reactions: Kozysnack

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
If the spare is the problem pull it out and set it as far from the vehicle as possible, chevys can be similar when you reset them, also don't park near any other vehicle with tpms sensors when doing the reset you can have similar issues as the spare if it picks up the other vehicle tpms.

Go to just about any tire shop they will do it somewhere between free and $25 if you can't figure it out.
i ordered a new senor set for the spare and will go back to the guys that mounted the four new tires and watch them do the chicken dance to reset them again.

but i didn't think about the other set of wheels causing an issue, that could have been why I couldn't get them to rest set here at the house. I need them to make a summer and winter set-up so I can swap out from the AT wheels and the street.

next question is when the shop say the rotate your tires do they also reset the TPMS so the right wheels are in the location the car thinks they are? Guess my next buy is a blue tooth OBD so i can look at some of this stuff. They alreay think I'm crazy for bringing a torque wrench for my lugs so they don't hammer them on with air.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

i ordered a new senor set for the spare and will go back to the guys that mounted the four new tires and watch them do the chicken dance to reset them again.

but i didn't think about the other set of wheels causing an issue, that could have been why I couldn't get them to rest set here at the house. I need them to make a summer and winter set-up so I can swap out from the AT wheels and the street.

next question is when the shop say the rotate your tires do they also reset the TPMS so the right wheels are in the location the car thinks they are? Guess my next buy is a blue tooth OBD so i can look at some of this stuff. They alreay think I'm crazy for bringing a torque wrench for my lugs so they don't hammer them on with air.
Any reputable tire shop would reset the sensors for you when doing a rotation they should have the scan tool or reset tools to do just about any vehicle.

Reactions: Kozysnack