Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arvada, Colorado, United States
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

I ordered a Camplux tankless water heater BEFORE I finished my research and found out they are NOT recommended for elevation over 2000 feet. I live in Denver and most if not all my camping/overlanding is over 8,000 ft.Anyone know if this unit will work that high? Will it work but not efficiently? Are there any tips or tricks on getting it to work better? Any help is much appreciated.

kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
I have one and it works fine at higher elevations. I used in last month in the San Juan mountains as high as 11,000 feet.

Reactions: GMC Tank and terryg

GMC Tank

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arvada, Colorado, United States
First Name
Edy
Last Name
Coyote
Member #

No problem here, camped at 10,000 ft a few times and a whole lot more at 5-7000 feet. Mount your propane tank above it. Gravity works eh?
I have a road shower tank that I've been using. Its pressurized with a air compressor. I usually heat up water in a huge stock pot and add it in for a hot shower. It's kind of a pain in the ass but nice to have a hot shower. So I'm hoping this Camplux will make life easier. I'm going to pipe the road shower tank into the unit and still pressurize it.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
W
I have a road shower tank that I've been using. Its pressurized with a air compressor. I usually heat up water in a huge stock pot and add it in for a hot shower. It's kind of a pain in the ass but nice to have a hot shower. So I'm hoping this Camplux will make life easier. I'm going to pipe the road shower tank into the unit and still pressurize it.
yea, the Camplux needs a minimum amount of water pressure to ignite.
We have a 110v water pump on ours. Pulls up to the pump on the racks then back down to the heater. The pump, all the quick connect water lines and the 110 line are bolted into a box that is bolted to the rack. Open the box, pull hoses out, one to draw, the other quick connected to the heater, which is hung from the racks. plug it in to power inverter, And the gas line to the bottle up on the racks, deploy shower stall, rinse. It does take about 10-15 minutes to set up. If it quits raining tomorrow I’ll post up images. Currently in the Pisgah NF. Rain

Reactions: KAIONE

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Installed a Camplux on our trailer last winter and we live at 5500ft and have no issues. My buddy has one as well and has camped at higher elevations without issue.