Help with decisions! Louisiana/Texas/Mississippi/Alabama/Florida Meetup?

• HTML tutorial

collinrach22

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisiana
Member #

I am deciding to go with RCI Sliders. Top tread black powder coat. American Steel. Also a Smittybilt X20 synthetic winch. 10k.

If anyone has any other thoughts on maybe something different please let me know!

On another note I am trying to see if we could get a meet up going for a grill out set up rigs and walk around from the gulf states. As long as I have been apart of this community we haven’t done one! Everyone else is doing it so why not us. If you are in let’s start scheduling something. Our Instagram is Sawyer 4x4 but that will have some big changes in the near future as I return from deployment. Hope to get some responses. Let’s do this.

Share Aloha IMG_0908.JPG

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I am deciding to go with RCI Sliders. Top tread black powder coat. American Steel. Also a Smittybilt X20 synthetic winch. 10k.

If anyone has any other thoughts on maybe something different please let me know!

On another note I am trying to see if we could get a meet up going for a grill out set up rigs and walk around from the gulf states. As long as I have been apart of this community we haven’t done one! Everyone else is doing it so why not us. If you are in let’s start scheduling something. Our Instagram is Sawyer 4x4 but that will have some big changes in the near future as I return from deployment. Hope to get some responses. Let’s do this.

Share Aloha View attachment 89769
Like your post. @Kent R (US Ambassador) was a great help to me in Reno in setting up meets, etc. You may want to reach out to him and your Southeast regional ambassador too.

Rayford94

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Meridian, MS, USA
Member #

It’s crazy short notice, but I’m going to the rattle snake saloon Friday night and then cathedral caverns state park Saturday night.

Mark65

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kenner, LA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Willis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5FUG
Hey, we may be open to a meetup, but timing for us is difficult. We need a lot of advance notice. We’re in New Orleans.

Reactions: Rayford94

Rayford94

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Meridian, MS, USA
Member #

I’m thinking a nice central meeting area might around Biloxi, MS. It’s kinda equidistant between New Orleans and the Florida panhandle. Birmingham might be decent too. It also has a pretty robust automotive culture. Mobile, AL would be nice too, as it would allow day trip access to Boggs and Boulders (although b&b seems a little more extreme than typical overlanding.)

I would also be happy to host near Meridian, MS if I could clear it with my landlord. My parking could fit around 5-6 rigs, but more if I got permission to use the field next to my house. I could fill at least a full day with some 3-5/10 dirt roads and logging trails.

Louisiana Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventress, Louisiana
Member #

I am in Baton Rouge area and could meet most any weekend. I also have a cabin out in False River in Ventress with plenty room to host an overnight meet up. I dont know of any nearby offroading unless you go to Kisatchie or Homochitta NF, but Id be up for a day trip too.

Matt2105

Rank 0

Contributor I

NOLA
Im in New Orleans but I just picked up my WK2 so its nearly stock. Should be picking up some BFG ATs this weekend in BR if all goes well.

bamabrock

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Birmingham, Alabama
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
H
Member #

I’m thinking a nice central meeting area might around Biloxi, MS. It’s kinda equidistant between New Orleans and the Florida panhandle. Birmingham might be decent too. It also has a pretty robust automotive culture. Mobile, AL would be nice too, as it would allow day trip access to Boggs and Boulders (although b&b seems a little more extreme than typical overlanding.)

I would also be happy to host near Meridian, MS if I could clear it with my landlord. My parking could fit around 5-6 rigs, but more if I got permission to use the field next to my house. I could fill at least a full day with some 3-5/10 dirt roads and logging trails.
I'll be in Orange Beach that weekend and could meet in Mobile.

Jay61

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg Georgia
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Brimberry
Member #

Did y'all ever get a meet and greet put together? I am from southwest GA and spend a good bit of time in the Panhandle. I have also been known to got to Biloxi at time or two.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm in NW Florida and might be game for a meetup if the drive isn't outrageous! They have a SouthEast group but I think that's too big, this years SouthEast meetup was in Northwest Arkansas, long trip for anyone near the Gulf Coast! I think we need our own Gulf Coast group!

Reactions: Nola4runner