double07

Rank 0

Contributor I

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
BRENNA
Last Name
Gullins
Hi everyone. I purchased the SD Card for Backroads Mapbooks to load onto my Garmin Overlander. I cant tell you how long I have spent trying to do this without any luck. I loaded Basecamp on my computer and finally I think loaded BRMB. Although I don's see any difference in the map showing on Basecamp. I'm trying to load the BRMP on the Overlander and I cant figure out for the life of me how to do this. I find the whole process exhausting. Please help. Thanks

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Normally you slot the SD card in then on the device tell it to use those maps. There may be a device registration step in there but it has been a while, I have it on my Garmin GPS took all 10 minutes.

double07

Rank 0

Contributor I

Toronto, ON, Canada
First Name
BRENNA
Last Name
Gullins
Normally you slot the SD card in then on the device tell it to use those maps. There may be a device registration step in there but it has been a while, I have it on my Garmin GPS took all 10 minutes.
I tried that and all it gives me the option to do is to format the SD Card.

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@double07 That is interesting it appears the Garmin Overlander can not recognize the SD card. I checked the website it is compatible, however there maybe some issues :

From Garmin

Installing a Memory Card for Maps and Data
You can install a memory card to increase the storage space for maps and other data on your device. You can purchase memory cards from an electronics supplier. The device supports microSD® memory cards from 4 to 256 GB. Memory cards must use the FAT32 file system format. Memory cards greater than 32 GB must be formatted using the device (Formatting the Memory Card).
  1. Locate the map and data memory card slot on your device (Device Overview).
  2. Insert a memory card into the slot.
  3. Press it in until it clicks.
Data Management

If you can read the Sd card on the computer you can check size and formatting