Poquoson, VA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Leahy
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm looking for recommendations on the brand, dual zone or not, and size for fridge. I have 2016 4Runner and go out for 2-3 days at a time with my son (9) occasionally my daughter (6), and will be adding my wife and newborn when he gets a little older.

I was thinking about an ARB, Dometic, or DFG Offroad (riskier because there aren't any reviews) with bluetooth. I was oringally thinking I wanted a dual zone but now I don't know if I want to give up the trunk space for a compartment that I feel like I would only be using for ice cream.

Thanks.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
I went with a Dometic CFX 40. It's just right for me and the Boss Lady on 3 or 4 day trips. I only store stuff that needs to stay cold in it and everything else, drinks etc, in another box or ice cooler. I went with the 40 initially because I had a Diamondback cover and it just fit underneath. As for Dual or Single Zone, I'm happy with my single zone. If I get another fridge it will be the CFX3 55 which is dual zone.
CFX2.jpg
Since then I've added a topper to the truck so now I have more room, maybe a new fridge? :smirk:

CFX4.jpg

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Of course it’s up to you but there are decent cooler that will retain ice for 3/5 days, you might want consider that option as well!

You can save some money for something else and you can take it easily with you in other vehicles or around the campsite.

Reactions: Staticline40