Help planning a trip NorCal? Bay Area?

• HTML tutorial

Nickynick351

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Francisco, CA
Member #

Hey! I'm very new to the community, have a 93 bronco, stock other than exhaust. I would love to maybe plan something for the dates of August 24-29.. Thursday-Tuesday. Doesn't have to be those full days.

I know there's an east bay meet up at a brewery as we speak but I'm stuck at work:/ so I'm the mist of being bored at work, I'd love to throw out there this idea. I will do something those days, but would love to meet other members, maybe meet up locally somewhere around Bay Area or more towards the national forests. I'm located in San Francisco. Semi-experienced backpacker, but not as experienced overlander.

Would anyone be interested in having a little trip planned for those days, I'd say pretty moderate, nothing like the rubicon trail
But definitely something fulfilling? Would love to meet like minded badasses like everyone I've stalked so far in this community [emoji56][emoji28]

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
We talked about a Holister trip at today's meet-up. That would be a good one to get your feet wet! Let me check with some others to see if that weekend would work.

Reactions: Nickynick351

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

Like mudgard said, we might be meeting up on 8/26. I'm heading out there with some of the fellas that weekend, so we might just have to double up! Great place to off-road since it has a little bit of everything. Good place to test out your rig/skills. Good seeing ya on Sat mudgard.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Cal, you definitely going? If so, let's plan it! Got at least a few that are interested.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

I'll check with the group I'll be out there with. Unfortunately, I'm working after all on Sat, but I should be done 2:00. Gonna head out there right after. I'll check on the camping area and see what I come up with. Def thinking of staying over nite, mudgard.

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I'll check with the group I'll be out there with. Unfortunately, I'm working after all on Sat, but I should be done 2:00. Gonna head out there right after. I'll check on the camping area and see what I come up with. Def thinking of staying over nite, mudgard.
Great. I'm def game for an over nighter. Check with your group. I'm gonna float it. Just don't want to play alone! Anyone else interested, chime in. Sounds like it's a go for either a day trip or overnighter. Whatever works for you. Come on out and join in!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Ok Nicky. Got it set for your weekend. You game?

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Great! More as it gets closer!

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

Good day, mudgard. Here's what I got on campsites. Sycamore campground looks to be the best. Good view of folks off-roading. It's $10/nite and is first-come first-served with no reservations. Fire rings, picnic table and RR's available. There are 8 campsites available there. Gotta get there early to grab one, though. Dogs are welcome! I'm gonna call the ranger station and try to get a few more details. I think you can "camp" in different areas, so I'm gonna double check. CHEERS! CalTexMex

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Good day, mudgard. Here's what I got on campsites. Sycamore campground looks to be the best. Good view of folks off-roading. It's $10/nite and is first-come first-served with no reservations. Fire rings, picnic table and RR's available. There are 8 campsites available there. Gotta get there early to grab one, though. Dogs are welcome! I'm gonna call the ranger station and try to get a few more details. I think you can "camp" in different areas, so I'm gonna double check. CHEERS! CalTexMex
Awesome! Thanks

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
This sounds like the way to go. I started a rally point for the event. Let's keep all future discussions about this there. It's easier to keep track of! [emoji57]