Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys, my wife's boss is having problems with her Jeep. I'll post up details as I get them, the panic comes with the fact that she doesn't have a ton of money, and she needs to get to Virginia next month to see off her son for deployment. I'm just really hoping we can come up with some options for her and help put a bit. Thanks guys.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Once you get specifics let me know. Ican talk people through diagnostics and repair, as well as help locate local shops that will work with her through her circumstances. seeing as her son is deploying it really touches my heart. my parents didnt even see me off to Basic, let alone either of my 2 deployments. If I were a few hours closer I would come wrench on her Jeep myself.

What about airfaire, or train? Is there a way to set up a gofund me account to help her come up with costs of travel and lodging?

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Kent, Ohio?

Just a two tank trip for me. Post timeframe and specific jeep problem.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Kent WA which is why I posted this is the North West regional forum. Anyway I told her if she finds someone who is comfortable wrenching I can talk them through things. Also I already thought of paying for her air fare or starting a go fund me. Being a veteran myself its massively important to make sure she can see her son before he leaves. And well if I have to make a minimum payment on my SnapOn bill for a few months and go without a few things for my cars, I dont care.
More to come, thanks guys, this means a lot to us.

Last edited:

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
No worries man, thanks for being willing to help!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Dilldog, keep us posted how this story unfolds. There are also some organizations out there to aid her if need be. Local VFW and VSRO is where I would start, her son can start trying things on his end through his chain of command.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Thanks Dillsog for reaching out. Wish I could help, but I'm just way to busy this week and next week. Hope you find something that works out. Thanks for being a cool dude as well and helping her out. That's a cool quality that not a ton of people have these days.

Reactions: Dilldog

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Thanks Dillsog for reaching out. Wish I could help, but I'm just way to busy this week and next week. Hope you find something that works out. Thanks for being a cool dude as well and helping her out. That's a cool quality that not a ton of people have these days.
Thanks man, this is honestly nothing new for me. So many people have helped me, its important to me to keep the chain going in anyway I can. Call it hippy altruism, I just believe people are good and want to help, we are just bombarded by so much negative BS that most people just shut down, I refuse to.
I also got a bit of an update, she was able to get a friend of hers to come take a look. I told them to call me if they need anything more.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Keep us updated. If I would have read this earlier I could have dropped by, I was in Kent this week, but was rather busy and did not look at the OB forum. Even still, I am only in Yakima. Let us know what she needs.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Hey thanks for checking in. Sounds like things are under control. Again thanks everyone who was willing to help, that says a lot for the character of the membership here.